Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More aggressive negative camber = more chance of scrubbing wheel/tire against coilove

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More aggressive negative camber = more chance of scrubbing wheel/tire against coilove

Hey guys,

Just a question, i cannot seem to come to a conclusion. For the front of a DC5, if I increase more negative camber, does that mean the top of the inner whel/tire will be closer to the coilover? Reason why I ask this is, i've found a pair of track rims i'd like to run, but their the same as the front of my ce28N (18x9 +35) Basically on full lock, it was slightly rubbing aginst the coilover. I've since reduced the coilover, but also run a 15mm spacer also, so its no wa the wheel can scrub against the coilover. Im wondering if I reduce the coilover another 0.2 - 0.5 degree's, it may possibly give enough clearance between wheel/tire to the coilover. So in a nutshell;

Does reducing the negative camber in a car give more clearance/gap from the wheel/tire to the coilover, or does this all move in proportion?

Cheers in advance.
    Integra Type R
    Integra Type S
    S2000

opps, not sure abt DC5...
    ... retired/

Comment

it has dodgy http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MacPherson_strut type sussy...
      ... retired/

Comment

DC5 gap will stay the same between tyre/wheel and Strut because camber is adjusted at the tower tops. So yes if you increase -ve camber the wheel will move in proportion to it.

DC2 is a different story. Because the camber adjustment is done via the upper control arm. Increasing negative camber will put the tyre/wheel closer to the strut.
        Deano.

Comment

^Above is correct unless you use camber bolts or some other method of adjusting the camber at the point where the strut bolts on to the knuckle. Such as the system used with the N+ that Plaything has. In that case more negative camber = less clearance to the coilover.

Comment

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
            ^Above is correct unless you use camber bolts or some other method of adjusting the camber at the point where the strut bolts on to the knuckle. Such as the system used with the N+ that Plaything has. In that case more negative camber = less clearance to the coilover.
            I knew I forgot to add soemthing. Thanks Tom!

My assumption is correct, looks like i gotta got for another alignment and check the clearance.
            Integra Type R
            Integra Type S
            S2000

Comment

Working...
            X