This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Torque Steer

I have been experiencing major torque steer to the right when changing gear at hi rev's. Wondering if this is the norm???
    sigpic
    128.8kw Atws @ 1065kg - 13.875 sec @ 100.26 mph http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...ion&highlight=

Originally posted by Karl View Post
    I have been experiencing major torque steer to the right when changing gear at hi rev's. Wondering if this is the norm???
    have u got stock wheels? mine torque steers left and right so if yours is going right it may be an alignment or tyre pressure problem.

Comment

depends on the slant of the road but mine seems to go in a straight line....maybe you should just hold the wheel tight and prepare for the "VTEC YO"

Comment

Honda DC2R's dont torque steer...

(they don't have any torque)

if you have a pulling to the right feeling, you need to check your sussy and alignment...
        ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post

if you have a pulling to the right feeling, you need to check your sussy and alignment...
          hhahahaha
          well said

Comment

you havnt experienced torque steer untill you have drivin a Magna V6 or a Cordia turbo haha

Comment

mmm No alignment is good was just done an i can drive done the m2 with no hand's goes dead straight.. Even the same thing with my accord.. Pull right under heavy acceleration.... Just gotta man up and grip on for he ride!!!
              sigpic
              128.8kw Atws @ 1065kg - 13.875 sec @ 100.26 mph http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthre...ion&highlight=

Comment

If its not alignment and road, could it be more simply you are not keep the car straight when you are gear changing at high RPM/heavy acceleration? (Not trying to have a go at your driving)

Maybe have someone in your car watch what you are doing?

Comment

LOL with my hand off the wheel under heavy acceleration on a dead straight road it pull right for a split second while the gear grap's... Note i did this at night in a industrial area... Normaly have one hand on wheel... LOL.. Ive asked around at work they all said torque steer.. Even showed them.. they all agree.. had my car jacket with every one having a look underneath nothing loss or bent and no sign of wear!!!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post

hahaha ^ honest in every way haha

Comment

Sussy.. U mean chassie???? if so would have been picked up in wheel alignment.
                      sigpic

Comment

sounds like you need to keep your hand on the wheel then?

it is not 'the norm' to drive around with your hands off the wheel...
                        ... retired/

Comment

and maybe exagerate less in your posts?

LOL with my hand off the wheel under heavy acceleration on a dead straight road it pull right for a split second while the gear grap's...
                          i would hardly describe that as MAJOR, and all the subsequent responses were based on your having "major' issues... not a minor one that requires you to actually drive properly...
                          ... retired/

Comment

my DC5R used to do that when i change gears at redline
                            it gives a firm tug i thought it was normal lol

doesnt happen on my FN2R now but

Comment

Sussy.. U mean chassie???? if so would have been picked up in wheel alignment.
                              sussy = suspension

Comment

Working...
                              X