Individual Throttle Bodies (ITB)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Individual Throttle Bodies (ITB)

hey guys its time i pulled finger out my ass and got my DC2R goin a bit better.... all my mates own turbo cars and are bugging me to turbo it blah blah blah... but i wanna stay NA! so im just wondering are ITB worth goin for ? i know there mass benefits from them but is there any down sides ? and is it a big job to get it to work good ?

ITB sre good for high compression cars... but their harder to tune.
    Integra Type R
    Integra Type S
    S2000

Comment

better off putting a k24 in it.
      sigpicCurrent holder of the Win folder.

Comment

yes its quite a big job and tuning them takes awhile. There are good benefits from ITB's but if you've got a stock engine with no internal work its not really worth it.

I'd say slap on a supercharger and show the turbo guys a lesson

Ultimate response machine! Otherwise just stay the way you are...

Comment

B20VTEC is the cheapest way to go...
          ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by Fallenangel View Post
            yes its quite a big job and tuning them takes awhile. There are good benefits from ITB's but if you've got a stock engine with no internal work its not really worth it.

I'd say slap on a supercharger and show the turbo guys a lesson

Ultimate response machine! Otherwise just stay the way you are...
            yeah RichyR was saying that lastnight .... SC would be wicked :P but the fact of owning a quick NA car would feel alot better

Comment

ITB will still have strong mid range gains on a stock B18C7 ... But cost/benefit ratio ... Well, unless you were pretty handy yourself and could make some up out of Hayabusa throttles I wouldn't bother..

Hard to get a reliable fast b20vtec for under $5k... (i.e. To actually build one, not just throw two halves together)... I don't like the idea of the cylinder wall cracking and all the internals getting junked.

Comment

Just go k20/k24. You will get the torque you want and the power. The k20 is also lighter than the b18 so its better both ways! Not to mention the 6 speed!

Comment

how do you plan on running those ITBs? sucking in air with no filters? remember a star that burns twice as bright burns half as long.

race motors that run ITBs are torn down and rebuilt more often, they're not supposed to be daily driven. keep that in mind because it will affect engine life. ITBs will give a heap of response all throughout the range but ultimately not as much up top. biggest gain as far as power is concerned is still going to be big lumpy cams of some kind and/or more compression. even with all that you're not going to get that much more out of a 1.8 to impress your turbo mates.

if you want to smoke them in a straight line K24 + T swap it. though IMO that ruins the car since your R is designed to be a all round package. good handling & power-weight ratio.

considered getting a cheap 180 or WRX and boosting it? that's bang for your buck right there. then you can thrash it hard on those nights when all you need to do is go quick between the lights and not much else.
                  00-0138 ITR

Comment

Originally posted by Didz View Post
                    better off putting a k24 in it.
                    this ^

Comment

the k20 is lighter than the b18. I doubt the k24 is heavier.

Comment

Originally posted by michaelz View Post
                        how do you plan on running those ITBs? sucking in air with no filters? remember a star that burns twice as bright burns half as long.

race motors that run ITBs are torn down and rebuilt more often, they're not supposed to be daily driven. keep that in mind because it will affect engine life. ITBs will give a heap of response all throughout the range but ultimately not as much up top. biggest gain as far as power is concerned is still going to be big lumpy cams of some kind and/or more compression. even with all that you're not going to get that much more out of a 1.8 to impress your turbo mates.

if you want to smoke them in a straight line K24 + T swap it. though IMO that ruins the car since your R is designed to be a all round package. good handling & power-weight ratio.

considered getting a cheap 180 or WRX and boosting it? that's bang for your buck right there. then you can thrash it hard on those nights when all you need to do is go quick between the lights and not much else.
                        post of the year right there...
                        ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by Didz View Post
                          the k20 is lighter than the b18. I doubt the k24 is heavier.
                          pretty sure it is physically bigger, like 17mm higher...

so i doubt it is exactly the same weight...
                          ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
                            pretty sure it is physically bigger, like 17mm higher...

so i doubt it is exactly the same weight...
                            I meant i doubt the k24 is heavier than the b18.

Comment

Originally posted by michaelz View Post

im not a fan of SR20 engines and not a Fan of WRXs... as there every seconds habib car on the road!! ill prob just end up gettin decent intake and decent exhaust with a good computer and leave it at that.... then come to senses and either do conversion or get a force inducted car

Comment

Working...
                              X