Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

weird clicking

Hey all

for the last few days, there has been a clicking noise whilst driving the car slowly. first i thought it was a rock stuck in the tyre (tyre ended up being bald) so they have been replaced..... but noise still present. then i thought it might be the CV's. did the stationary turn sterring wheel full lock... no clicking.

So after doing a few things, the clicking only seems to be happening at when driving a below 10Km/h, and turning. stright line there is no noise.

so i stuck my head under the car... and from my limited knowledge of DC5r sussy setup... all looked good (aka nothing looked broken). today i have a look in the engine bay..... and found the below... (pic 1 behind the thing with the red lid)

Full engine shot

part i am worried about

I'm not sure if that is an engine mount or what... as you can see in Pic 1, it does connect to the engine so yeah. so if i could get some help on this topic that would be great... cause if i have to order in some engine mounts (mugen sound like a winner) i guess i'll have to do it.

thanks again

Robi
    Last edited by 45SET; 12-11-06, 12:45 PM.

it looks like your engine mount is cracked.

Comment

get it sorted before you break a driveshaft - uncontrolled engine movement = bad...
      ... retired/

Comment

yeah....Its one of the driver's side engine mount.....you should get it replace bro.....if you after some innovative mounts.....pm whtdc2....he got a set lying around......cheers....
        Mugen Whore #2

ヒール&トウのやりかた
        1)ブレーキを踏む
        2)クラッチを切る
        3)シフトダウンしなから、
          アクセルをぶかす
        4)クラッチをつなぐ
        :blah:
        インテ君と共に歩み続けて早1年・・・いろんな所へ出かけ楽しく過ごしてきましたが、事情により手放すこと となりました。(T0T)
        人生で初めて走る楽しさを教えてくれた「インテグラ TYPE R」・・・初めて走った時は何もかも衝撃的でした。今でも走る楽しさは変わらないですが。。。残念です。今 まで本当に感動をありがとう!

Comment

whoah.

there's a guy on this forum, on clubrsx he is *dc5s*. on here, i'm not sure. his name is george. he had a spare set of oem engine mounts off his new dc5s that he didnt need and passed on one of them to david dean (davidd) when he needed it. if its not the same one u need, then u should be able to get it off him. pm him. goodluck
          almost JDM spec, y0!

Comment

i had an engine mount snapped as well... at that time didnt really hear much of a click but i felt a vibration near the foot pedals but i didnt crack mine i snapped it lol... but yeah definite crack! not much of a deal just dont rev it too much and replace it when your next paycheck comes in =P
            www.belgarage.com.au

Comment

Working...
            X