Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DC5 trade to FN2

Wot do you guys think?
    Firstly, i know generally person wont do tat, so dont tell me im stupid or anything, i js want a newer car, don care about performance n wotever, how much am i looking at to add on top

depends on condition and shit etc etc etc...
    could be another $5k to $10k.. it's all debateable...

Comment

It is a better car stock to stock.

You have to shed a lot of weight to make it faster than dc5r if you are planning to modify it as dc5r is way lighter than fn2r.

ask lukits01

Comment

Yeah its like 170kg or something heavier than DC5R with only an extra 1kw and 1nm to pull itself around

Comment

I did exactly that after my dc5r was written off
          and i have not regretted it at all.

i got a brand new one for $39k on the road so i had to add another 12k or so from the payout.

the interior is a step up from the DC5, the rear passanger room is massive enough for 2 adults comfortably. the boot is big and useable lots of storage space. also having cruise control is awesome for a lazy cruise. the seats i reckon are better than the DC5, they feel very huggy yet comfortable, maybe i'm too fat for dc5 recaros lol

power wise there is more information on this thread which you may all find suprising
          http://www.hondatech.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=1532

if you are looking for a FN2R try to look for one which build date after Jun 09 as they come standard with LSD, rear parking sensor, auto dimming rear mirror, USB/Aux in, accent lighting standard.

can pm me if ya got any other questions.

still if your looking a good compromise between performance/practicality/comfort i reckon FN2 is fairly good. but if you want a track monster look else where.

Comment

They're pretty comfortable A nice cruiser.

Comment

personally i wouldn't as there are better cars out there for the $$.

but if you don't want to go turbo then there isn't much choice.

Comment

Stock for stock, The FN2R is a better car hands down, Unfortunately all the added safety has come to a weight gain tho….

Comment

Originally posted by Philip Lee View Post
                  personally i wouldn't as there are better cars out there for the $$.

but if you don't want to go turbo then there isn't much choice.
                  Wot he said. Honda fanboyism aside, GTI smashes it. I'd actually look at a Megane F1 Cup too.

Comment

Originally posted by m0nty View Post
                    Wot he said. Honda fanboyism aside, GTI smashes it. I'd actually look at a Megane F1 Cup too.
                    TBH i'd rather go buy a Mazda MPS... Best value for money... Better looks then the GTI too...
                    Actually abit cheaper then some golf GTI models and its much quicker IMO...
                    Last edited by MYDC5R; 17-10-10, 11:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MYDC5R View Post
                      TBH i'd rather go buy a Mazda MPS... Best value for money... Better looks then the GTI too...
                      Actually abit cheaper then some golf GTI models and its much quicker IMO...
                      I agree too, 40k is relatively a lot of money and you can get much better bang for buck cars than the FN2. I love the 3MPS also , a BEAST of a hot hatch. Torque steer gives a car character imo! lol.

But yeah, depends on how much you wanna please your inner Honda fanboy at the end of the day.

Comment

the MPS is a bargain really for performance.
                        I like it as well really sexy to look at too!

Golf GTI has always been one of the best hot hatches and the newest one is even hotter i reckon, but after all the "common" options it'll end up being at the base price of a Golf R! but still you get a great car for your money.

I'm not too sure about renaults and their reliability. I've hear they are great car to drive and own until warranty expires... the new clio RS trophee is very nice car but abit small. great for a commute or blast down the twisties, not great for shopping or friends hehe

could always consider the new wrx, they are a bargain too
                        nearly facelifted with a meaner look
                        price/practicality/performance they are very tempting, can be expensive to maintain, insurance/fuel/servicing

but have do have a look at the FN2R in person, its more individual taste more than "best bang for your buck" kinda car. but saying that it is quite rare and feels unique on the streets. comfy, semi practical, economical to a degree. but as others have mention it will never be the best bang for your buck performance wise.

test drive them all i reckon!
                        good excuse to have a fang in all the hot cars haha!

Comment

Once i get my license back going to be driving a range of cars.. Evo 10, MPS and GTI....
                          If one proves better then my Integra, integra will be up for sale.. Not that there's problems with mine, just might be time for a new chapter.... Still a fan boy though :P

Comment

how do you define "better"?

if you prefer raw feel, fun in lowish speed and cheap to run, it's hard to beat the Integra.

if you are a baller, want the quickest car for the money and can live with cheap interior, then EVO/STI are "better".

if you want a solid car with good performance, practical and a bit of lux, then GTI will be it.

it all depends on what you are looking for.

Comment

Originally posted by Philip Lee View Post
                              how do you define "better"?

if you prefer raw feel, fun in lowish speed and cheap to run, it's hard to beat the Integra.

if you are a baller, want the quickest car for the money and can live with cheap interior, then EVO/STI are "better".

if you want a solid car with good performance, practical and a bit of lux, then GTI will be it.

it all depends on what you are looking for.
                              I love the rawness etc... the ITR does suit me but if another car ticks the boxes that do it for me i'll consider moving on.. really comes down to how it drives and feels to me which everyone would have there driving style...
                              I'd prefer a MPS over a GTI.... Much more aggresive stance & more power..
                              Plus GTI costs more to service then a MPS... But then again, thats the price you pay with Euro to Jap..
                              Also there are to many GTI's on the road compared to MPS

Comment

Working...
                              X