exhaust hangers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

exhaust hangers

just wondering..my fgk exhaust occasionally vibrates against the car underside, i think in the area where the exhaust loops over the rear axle. will replacing my stock rubber exhaust hangers with new stiffer ones stop the exuast system flexing as much and vibrating against the body? is there a brand i should get? where from?
    "What's the point of racing a car that doesn't look cool?" - Nakai-san, RWB

I would also like some information on this as my current exhaust is held up by zip ties at the muffler end (after lots of track days it's still hanging there with no movements).
    I am a lesbian trapped inside a male body

Comment

vision technica make rubber bushings, i've got the same problem, yet to fit, will do so on the weekend

Comment

Just head down to repco / autobarn / local auto shops. they should have rubber exhaust hangers for sale. If it's rubbing against the frame, you might need more than new exhaust hangers.

Comment

mm let us know nipnip.

Comment

Originally posted by vtml View Post
            I would also like some information on this as my current exhaust is held up by zip ties at the muffler end (after lots of track days it's still hanging there with no movements).
            LOL, not everyone like to have things fixed as cheap as possible. If everyone so tight, there won't be any shop open in the furture ,

Comment

truth...lol....vince you such a tight axx.......haha
              Mugen Whore #2

ヒール&トウのやりかた
              1)ブレーキを踏む
              2)クラッチを切る
              3)シフトダウンしなから、
                アクセルをぶかす
              4)クラッチをつなぐ
              :blah:
              インテ君と共に歩み続けて早1年・・・いろんな所へ出かけ楽しく過ごしてきましたが、事情により手放すこと となりました。(T0T)
              人生で初めて走る楽しさを教えてくれた「インテグラ TYPE R」・・・初めて走った時は何もかも衝撃的でした。今でも走る楽しさは変わらないですが。。。残念です。今 まで本当に感動をありがとう!

Comment

my pro spec. vibrates too much, trying to find a solution
                www.belgarage.com.au

Comment

any news on this? if firmer hangers fix the vibration then i will have to get some..

Comment

done and fitted today, fixed the problem as far as i can tell and even aligned the muffler straighter

Comment

woo hoo thanks nipnip. i guess i need to get some then.

Comment

Working...
                      X