• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tyres Scrubbing...

i have on my DC5R Currently.
    Front: 17x9 255/40/17 +35
    Rear: 17x8 245/40/17 +30

Rears are currently scrubbing on heavy bumps in the road and have slightly damage the inner guard.. other words it's bent them....

Camber is on measure to counter this current??
    How much camber roughly would i need to get rid of the scrub and if i run camber at the rear would i needa run camber at the front aswell or no??

Thank you
    Last edited by MYDC5R; 23-09-10, 10:29 PM.

When I had 17x8 +35 running 225/45/17 with unrolled guards and I was running -3' camber and it was VERY close to the guard.

As you are running a slightly lower offset, and wider tyres you would have to run more then -3'.

I know it'll cost you more money, but it might be an idea to run 225/45/17's. I'm currently running 245/40s on the front and 225/45's on the back, and you can't really tell the diff in side wall size. or get your guards rolled.

Comment

Whenever ppl run wide wheels, u need to roll ur guards.

ur front wheels sit inside 9mm more than my wheels. im guessing u know need -2 ish camber, and tires of a 235/40 setup., the rear u can get away with -0.4 camber anda 235/40 tire ( for flushness, since u got a slgihtly fatter tire, maybe just get -0.55 camber at the rear)
      Integra Type R
      Integra Type S
      S2000

Comment

Im running 235/45 17 all round and i had to roll my rear guards. Now ive stopped scrubbing. I think my rear camber is -2 but im not 100% sure.

Guys quick question.. my fronts scrub when i full lock the wheel, what should i do to prevent it? was told by a mate that once the fender inside brakes it can slash my tyre? =( should i look at running 225? or?

Comment

Originally posted by AsHw3e View Post
          Im running 235/45 17 all round and i had to roll my rear guards. Now ive stopped scrubbing. I think my rear camber is -2 but im not 100% sure.

Guys quick question.. my fronts scrub when i full lock the wheel, what should i do to prevent it? was told by a mate that once the fender inside brakes it can slash my tyre? =( should i look at running 225? or?
          you scrub becase your tyre is slightly taller than stock due to the 45 profile, i use 40 profile on a 235 and i have no scrubbing at all. i am quite low as well, all i needed to do was cut out a bit of fenderliner close to the fender and i havnt had a problem since. the only way u can prevent scrubbing on full lock with that tyre is to raise the car.

Comment

Originally posted by stevan View Post
            you scrub becase your tyre is slightly taller than stock due to the 45 profile, i use 40 profile on a 235 and i have no scrubbing at all. i am quite low as well, all i needed to do was cut out a bit of fenderliner close to the fender and i havnt had a problem since. the only way u can prevent scrubbing on full lock with that tyre is to raise the car.
            Yeah i thought that would be the case. Hmm guess will see how it goes. How about putting them on a lil camber would that work or still be the same? my tyres at the front and dead straight.

Comment

it will help stop it scrubbing on the inside guard but will shift it to scrubbing on the outside fenderliner, it must poke a lot to be at neutral camber on the front!! im running 2.5 front on a +35 wheel and its pretty spot on in terms of clearance.
              Last edited by stevan; 24-09-10, 02:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X