Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Header primary size - is 40mm too small?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Header primary size - is 40mm too small?

Hey all,

B18CR in an DC2R

I hunted for a while looking for some 2nd hand JDM headers and wasn't too keen on the 4-1's that were around, so I bought some 4-2-1 M&M Honda headers from http://www.nengun.com/m-and-m-honda/exhaust-manifold and are on their way. They are a reputable JDM brand and very popular over there.

During a period of boredom I did some more research and noticed that all the other good brand headers use something like 45mm pipe diameter primaries.

In your opinions will I be losing alot of power compared to a header using 45mm primaries?

I'm keen to do a before and after dyno, but if the common census is that they are crap I might just sell them now..

Thanks all
    4AGTE AE86 --> R32 GTR --> WRX --> STi --> DC2R

the 40mm header will give good low to mid range torque in my opinion, it will only start to be restricrive when u start to add more power. what size is the collector?
    Dr.Phil(Honda) fully built K25 DC2 800kgs 190KWATW K-PRO tuned by Adrian@Toda
    EK9RX-B18CR-fully built head,I,H,E,C 131WKATW POWER FC tuned by Adrian(again ofcourse)
    Im a patient of Dr.Phil and Adrian

Comment

Thanks, that makes sense..

This header goes into a 40-50-65mm stage. 65mm seems to be the norm with the other brands also so pleased with that at least..

Cheers
      4AGTE AE86 --> R32 GTR --> WRX --> STi --> DC2R

Comment

Working...
      X