Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Battery Dimensions DC2R

Hi guys,

I was hoping someone could possibly measure to see if I can fit a 171mm wide battery in the DC2R.

I'm looking at the Exide batteries and would rather get the X56D over the X60D, as it has a 500CCA output as opposed to the 390CCA of the X60.

Can someone please tell me if a 226mm x 171mm (Width) x 183mm (Height) battery will fit ?

Thanks

Edit: I don't have easy access to my car at the moment and the battery has been dead for some time so appreciate the help.
    /Oo ___H___ oO\
    |=_/_______\_=|

W is your problem - it is 19mm wider...

maybe supercharge gold @ 430cca is better?

http://supercharge.com.au/products_auto_gold.php
    ... retired/

Comment

Yeah I had thought about that battery, did some research and people find it to be a good one.

But I can't seem to find someone that sells it, and there customer service just sucks
      /Oo ___H___ oO\
      |=_/_______\_=|

Comment

autoone sells supercharge gold.

i paid 148 for mine from Hornsby.
        ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
          W is your problem - it is 19mm wider...

maybe supercharge gold @ 430cca is better?

http://supercharge.com.au/products_auto_gold.php
          What is the exact battery from that link I need for a DC2R?

I need to get myself a battery tomorrow. Mine finally shat itself today

Quote:
          Originally Posted by justinfox
          You can modify many crappy cars out there to be faster than a real Type-R but no matter how fast they are they still don't knock the Type-R off it's "pedestal" which it so deservedly sits on. :P

JHDM-B18C7 >>>>> Source Code: DC2R 00-0016 SOLD

Comment

It would be this one ?

http://supercharge.com.au/product_de...ery_search.php

Quote:
            You can modify many crappy cars out there to be faster than a real Type-R but no matter how fast they are they still don't knock the Type-R off it's "pedestal" which it so deservedly sits on. :P

Comment

optima yellow top ftw 450cca.... tested it and it reads 900cca

Comment

Fugg it. I went to autobarn and got a supercharge 380cca for $139. All they had that would fit.

Quote:

Comment

Most Integras dc2r have the NS60 type battery fitted, as per most listings for DC integra gsi and vti-r.

But dc2r came out with a smaller, lighter batter ie NS40 as fitted to base model EGs and EG2 CRX. The difference is some 4kg ie around 10kg vs 14kg

When we ordered a battery in a hurry they supplied us with the larger NS60 cos the battery company's listing didnt have a type R model listed.

We'll be ordering a NS40 size battery when we get around to it.
                  Proudly no longer a member of any WA based Honda forums.

Comment

Working...
                  X