Clutch clicking noise and pulsation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clutch clicking noise and pulsation

ay guys i did my clutch about 10 months ago and i put a exedy heavy duty cushion button in and its been great up untill few months ago...when ever i do a high rev change like say 8000 after wards theres like a clicking noise when i press the clutch and a pulsating feeling through the pedal when i hold it down....then if i pump the pedal a few times it comes good.... then today i noticed when i push the clutch right to the floor its notchy near the bottom when i push it slow and if i turn the car off its feels normal....anyone ever had this problem ? i got a feeling it might be the thrust bearing been a bit dodgey... but id like other ppls point of view any help would be great

mastercyl OK?
    ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by DC2RKID View Post
      ay guys i did my clutch about 10 months ago and i put a exedy heavy duty cushion button in and its been great up untill few months ago...when ever i do a high rev change like say 8000 after wards theres like a clicking noise when i press the clutch and a pulsating feeling through the pedal when i hold it down....then if i pump the pedal a few times it comes good.... then today i noticed when i push the clutch right to the floor its notchy near the bottom when i push it slow and if i turn the car off its feels normal....anyone ever had this problem ? i got a feeling it might be the thrust bearing been a bit dodgey... but id like other ppls point of view any help would be great
      I've got this problem.
      If you want the problem gone, change the Clutch Master Cylinder. If you want the problem to disappear for a while if it becomes a pain, lubricate the clutch pivot...
      There is nothing wrong with your car... so everytime you go for a service, just get the pivot lubricated and she should be right
      Mines been good ever since!

Comment

master is weaping (not unusual) but its deff not hydraulic related... its a rotational pulsation..similar to DTV from brake rotors only its coming through clutch pedal after a high rev changes...its as if the thrust bearing isnt designed for high reving applications or somethin

Comment

remove gearbox - inspect rotational parts - replace worn or damage components - reinstall gearbox
          ... retired/

Comment

I say it's the thrust bearing? Does it do it at all engine speeds?

If you put car into neutral and put foot on clutch does it go away? Then take foot back off and it returns?

Comment

you mean the "release bearing" or "throw-out bearing" on end of release fork?

or you mean "thrust" washers, which are on the crank?
              ... retired/

Comment

Throw-out bearing, tomato, tomato, potato, potato...

Oh, that doesn't work with text.

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
                  remove gearbox - inspect rotational parts - replace worn or damage components - reinstall gearbox
                  easier said then done.... its an every day car.. and my only car

Comment

Originally posted by m0nty View Post
                    I say it's the thrust bearing? Does it do it at all engine speeds?

If you put car into neutral and put foot on clutch does it go away? Then take foot back off and it returns?
                    only after a big high rev change...if its normal driving it doesnt happen... it goes crazy after big rev change then i pump it a few times and it goes good again

Comment

Originally posted by DC2RKID View Post
                      easier said then done.... its an every day car.. and my only car
                      nurries - i will leave it in your capable hands then....
                      ... retired/

Comment

Working...
                      X