Wiring issues.... FML

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wiring issues.... FML

It always seem when I think my car is done shit hits the fan. I ran into a problem with my fuel pump not priming and and turning on. first I suspected the main relay but I put my hand on it and it still clicked. so fazed that out then went to the wiring for the fuel pump tested it to see if it was getting signal and it wasn't. Went through the wiring diagram and chased everything down to why it wasnt getting signal and I came to the A7 ecu pin on my 95 integra. thought it was the ecu that might be bad. tested out 3 ecu's same thing. which leads me to believe something in my underdash harness is not getting connection somewhere. I changed out my ignition harness already and it worked for a little bit but after a day of driving it then parking it. So tomorrow I am pulling out all my extra stuff added on to the harness to try and chase it down. gauges/alarm/wideband and see what I can find. hopefully someone has an answer or ran into this problem before. acg fuse was getting power before but isn't anymore under the dash.
    "Death before dishonor!"

TheTeamIkon.com

you need to find damaged piece of wire... it is probly be between the main relay and the fuel pump.

test the main relay outputs.

Plus - just cause the MR clicks - doesn't mean it is working properly - change out the MR as well...
    ... retired/

Comment

Main relays get bad solder joints inside. Remove and resolder any joint that have cracks or look dry(rough). Try moveing main relay plug as you start car as a quick test.

Comment

Update: Main relay solder joints are all good. The two cars that have the bad solder joints most of the time or older cb accords and ef civics and crx. Checked the wires to on the ecu. I had a wire that was split and cause the ecu to short out. rewired the broken wire plugged up the ecu. still didn't start had a solid cell. Jumped the wire no codes were coming up so I changed out to known working ecu. fuel pump primed and car turned over on the first crank.
        "Death before dishonor!"

TheTeamIkon.com

Comment

Working...
        X