Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How has your insurance company treated you ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How has your insurance company treated you ?

I noticed there are a lot of threads popping up on insurance prices and competitive quotes, but it really means shit all if the insurance company screws you over when you claim. Maybe this can be stickied ?

And it should go under technical as it is one of the most important features of owning a car.

So lets start a thread where people state how there insurance claim experience went.

Format may be something like this.

Insurance Company : AAMI

Claimed For : Rear End damage

Experience : How you were treated, etc

Reccomended or Not :

What do you guys think ?
    /Oo ___H___ oO\
    |=_/_______\_=|

Insurance Company : NRMA

Claimed For : body damage & stolen dash

Experience : very good, got a rental car on the same day, every thing taken care of very quickly from the insurance company side, daily phone call on update during the whole time NRMA had my car for inspection.

Reccomended or Not : yes

z10 says:
    i bet you will have 10000 wheels when you are done
    z10 says:
    mon-fri 9am-5pm chasing for jazz parts

Comment

Insurance Company : AAMI

Claimed For : rear ended + extra work on previous damange when was keyed and badged

Experience : AAMI were sorta ok. But the repairer they used was terrible. I asked them to do extra work to the door and boot and it was not good quality work. paint chipped off the corners of the spoiler now. door repair was not perfect with ripples through the paint visible when you look along the body.

Reccomended or Not : AAMI: maybe. Only if you dont have to use their preferred repairer (Who was next door to them mind you).

Comment

Company: Westeren QBE
        Claimed For: Written off DC2
        Experince: Payed quickly. I didnt need a rental car so i don't know about that.

Cost of car: $13500
        Cost of insurance: $1300
        Amont insured for:$15000
        making money on an insurance company: Priceless
        F/S: VTI-R Civic

Comment

Insurance Company : RAC

Claimed For : Rear End damage

Experience : RAC were great, they did all the runing around for me with the other party that hit me, and gave me updates via calls and letters (which got kinda annoying haha). I did nothing on my part except for drive the car into the list of repairs they had

Repairers were real idiots, didn't do a proper job, altho it was half my fault for choosing them. RAC also offers life time warranty on the reapirs done, just that i've been to lazy to fix it again

Reccomended or Not :
          Service was great, but alittle pricey compared to other insurance companies. They all have trade offs

Comment

Insurance Company: Just Car

Claimed for: Front End

Experience: Average. At times can be annoying no consistency in what one person to the next is saying... But they dealt with everything. Very picky about the choice of repairer etc. and they do have some dodgy repairers. The repairers has a good reputation and very speedy with work.

Reccomended or Not: Probably not... But what other choice does an 18 yr. old have!? I'd go for Shannons when i'm older. The cost of the excess + premium etc. really rips another a**hole open.
            www.belgarage.com.au

Comment

Working...
            X