Brake bleeding issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brake bleeding issue

Hello everyone I am hoping someone can help me with this. I have a 95 integra GS-R Sedan no ABS and the issue I have is with my rear my driver side rear caliper not getting fluid to it. I opened up the valve and put a vacuum to it and no fluid comes out. I have open the lines that goes to the master cylinder and blew air through it and it seems that it isn't blocked. I don't think the prop valve I bought that brand new a year ago from the dealer. I just changed out the master cylinder because it was leaking a bit. I am waiting on my pressure bleeder to come in and try to bleed the brakes that way hopefully it works. But I was seeing if anyone has any ideas or has ran into this problem.
    "Death before dishonor!"

TheTeamIkon.com

Originally posted by DrTran View Post
    and the issue I have is with my rear my driver side rear caliper not getting fluid to it. I opened up the valve and put a vacuum to it and no fluid comes out.
    what about if you open the bleeder and pump the peddle?
    ... retired/

Comment

I figured out the problem the order I was going in was the wrong order. The proper order to go in is passenger rear to driver front and then driver rear to passenger side front.
      "Death before dishonor!"

TheTeamIkon.com

Comment

Originally posted by DrTran View Post
        I figured out the problem the order I was going in was the wrong order. The proper order to go in is passenger rear to driver front and then driver rear to passenger side front.
        huh? isnt it going from the farthest from BMC?
        passenger rear, driver rear, passenger front and lastly driver front?

Comment

hmmm, neither is correct?

DC2/4 starts at front end...

from 98-01 Acura Integra Service Manual...
          Attached Files
          ... retired/

Comment

Does anyone have a good rationale for why the order matters? Not that I am doubting the good fellows at Honda. Just curious.

Comment

i always thought it would be the furthest to the brake cylinder first?
              '03 Integra DC5 Type R
              Naturally Aspirated, K20A i-Vtec

Wakefield Park: 1:13.047 w/ street tyres
              Eastern Creek Int'l Raceway: 1:57.969 w/ street tyres
              Power: 155Kw with Mugen N1 ECU

Comment

well, you can see the Acura diagram above shows front wheels first... (USDM)

the "start at the wheel furthest from the master cylinder" is what is called 'old school' and relates to when systems were not dual circuit or ABS enabled. the purpose is to prevent cross-contamination of old and new fluids...

with dual circuit and ABS - the wheel with the brake line that is longest (i.e. furthest away from the MC) may not be the one on the opposite side of the car!

here is the order for the NSX:

i found this article to provide good insights:

http://www.stoptech.com/tech_info/wp...edbrakes.shtml
                ... retired/

Comment

Working...
                X