DC2R Mod Guide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DC2R Mod Guide

ok well my brothers purchased his 1st dc2r and like most kids these days all he wants is MOAARRR POWWAARRRR!!!

iv been trying to instruct him on the best way to mod his car but yes all he wants to do is get I/H/E, do his head and tune and wreck havok on the streets..
    was hoping few of the old wise guns on here could help me steer him in the right direction..
    i dont think he has any intention to track this car.. i most certainly do though haha and id like to encourage him to do so aswell.. give him more confidence while driving and hopefully slow him down on the streets
    let me also say all SERIOUS OPINIONS are more than welcome here..
    if you wana just fk around and speak jibberish please GTFO
    and take it to the Spam and

this is how i think he should mod his car..
    from top to bottom, 1st to last..

Tyres
    *though we'll most prob be waiting till his new wheels come*

Suspension
    *Cant find any well priced coilovers argh!!*
    *Camber kit to follow*
    *Sway Bars ect later down the track maby*

Wheels
    *BBS RS Purchased 16x8 all round*

Intake
    *Edelbrock 65mm Throttle body purchased*
    *SRI with K&N filter bought with throttle body*

Feel free to copy and paste what iv writen and add ur own input, and also adding whateva you like. hopefully this can be a good guide for my brother.. and everyone else out there in the same place as him..
    my 2 type R's and type S built my passion and respect for driving and motor vehicles.. i want my brother to gain this also

boost?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by justinfox
    You can modify many crappy cars out there to be faster than a real Type-R but no matter how fast they are they still don't knock the Type-R off it's "pedestal" which it so deservedly sits on. :P

JHDM-B18C7 >>>>> Source Code: DC2R 00-0016 SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by DC2R View Post
      boost?

NA is best

no plans to boost the ITR.. he's a p plater anyway

Comment

Nice specs for the wheels .. if i had a dc2r... i'd go no bigger/wider than 16x8 .... When i used to have the 17x8.5 advan rg's.. Trev aka SPL K had it on his dc2, and he said he scrubbed pretty badly, so realyl depedns on how low your offset is for the BBS rims!

I'd seriously get a CAI first, and be on the hunt for coilovers/camber kit. Get your suspension settled, and i trully believe that changing the suspension has the biggest changes compared to the car when stock. The coilovers improved the handling SO MUCH MORE! changed the look of the car as well. When his tires run low. Change the rims over and have some decent tread.

i'd honestly just get used to driving the car first and realyl appeciating the car and how it responds/reacts to each mod you give it. Also a piece of advice is for him to take it slow. I admit I rushed the modding for my car, as it was all done in like 2-4 months. lol. WHen i get my licence back and start palying with the car again some time in late 2011. I'll take it real slow, and only look at one massive mod every 6 months.
        Integra Type R
        Integra Type S
        S2000

Comment

leave it stock
          Honda Integra DC2R natural aspired K20A

2010 CAMS Supersprint (NSW) Type 3B champion |EC: 1:46.9280|WP: 1:07.694|Winton: 1:38.614

Comment

Take him to a track day! for real..
            ClubITR | Like

Comment

Mugen Air Intake, Tein Coilovers have an ok price, then prob toda headers with power getter... btw ive got 17's and it scrubs everytime i do a full lock turn or close to it.

Comment

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
                Nice specs for the wheels .. if i had a dc2r... i'd go no bigger/wider than 16x8 .... When i used to have the 17x8.5 advan rg's.. Trev aka SPL K had it on his dc2, and he said he scrubbed pretty badly, so realyl depedns on how low your offset is for the BBS rims!

I'd seriously get a CAI first, and be on the hunt for coilovers/camber kit. Get your suspension settled, and i trully believe that changing the suspension has the biggest changes compared to the car when stock. The coilovers improved the handling SO MUCH MORE! changed the look of the car as well. When his tires run low. Change the rims over and have some decent tread.

i'd honestly just get used to driving the car first and realyl appeciating the car and how it responds/reacts to each mod you give it. Also a piece of advice is for him to take it slow. I admit I rushed the modding for my car, as it was all done in like 2-4 months. lol. WHen i get my licence back and start palying with the car again some time in late 2011. I'll take it real slow, and only look at one massive mod every 6 months.
                yeah the bbs rims are perfect size think there 35+ all round off top of my head..
                got the cai sorted and on its way so its coilover hunting atm but there so hard to find!! i remember b4 i had troubles finding coils, now its near impossible to find a set under 1k!! its not alot of dosh but when its 1/10 of what u buy the car for its hard to justify haha..
                yeah im encouraging him to take it slow aswell.. when the wheels get here ill take it for an alignment and new tyres, let him gain his confidence.. atm its on nangkangs

Originally posted by Calsonic_R32 View Post
                leave it stock
                funny that coming from you :P

Originally posted by felixR View Post
                Take him to a track day! for real..
                will do

Originally posted by Type Nin View Post
                Mugen Air Intake, Tein Coilovers have an ok price, then prob toda headers with power getter... btw ive got 17's and it scrubs everytime i do a full lock turn or close to it.
                i understand you get good results from these brands but dont think were gona go top line across the range. intake wise ill prob get the guy who makes stainless steel hand rails for my dad to bend me up an intake lmaoo, i got a set of Xforce header, ill prob sell them and put some more cash to a toda header.. nice stainless steel Bpipe and get a few different axle backs made up..
                coils wise i wouldnt mind some buddyclubs, teins r hard to find.. get snaped up to quickly..
                yeah thats why i wouldnt go 17's.. 16 is pleanty on a dc2, just need to add some good offset

Comment

mugen intake,
                  hytech big tube header

I dont think a Throttle body is worth the money on a stock head.
                  Street Circuit Lifestyle - Official distributor for PasswordJDM sales@streetcircuitlifestyle.com.au

teamGROUNDzero
                  http://www.teamgroundzero.org

Comment

Forget the throttle body and SRI crap, as others have said it's pointless on an otherwise stock motor.

Get a Mugen intake, decent header (ie. Toda) and decent exhaust. Get Hondata S300 & tune. Lightened flywheel is also a good Bang for Buck mod.

What is the aim of all the suspension mods?
                    | 1991 Formula Red NSX | 1999 CW DC2R #00-193 | 2013 Black CBR1000RR

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

ive heard people have trouble with the buddy club coilovers, plus ur not gunna find a new set for less than 1800, dunno what state ur in but otr have tien coilovers for like 1300

Comment

I cant justify the money for a toda header personally, all that extra money for such little gains! i got my big tubes for like 600 and a toda is more than double that for fk all extra power. I can get better gains elswhere with the money i saved.

I got buddy club coilovers and have no issues, decent bang for buck. Lighter flywheels are great more acceleration heheheheehehehehehe
                        Street Circuit Lifestyle - Official distributor for PasswordJDM sales@streetcircuitlifestyle.com.au

teamGROUNDzero
                        http://www.teamgroundzero.org

Comment

Toda's make the car sound sooooooo nice!!

Quote:
                          Originally Posted by justinfox
                          You can modify many crappy cars out there to be faster than a real Type-R but no matter how fast they are they still don't knock the Type-R off it's "pedestal" which it so deservedly sits on. :P

JHDM-B18C7 >>>>> Source Code: DC2R 00-0016 SOLD

Comment

What does an after market fly wheel do and how much are they?

Comment

Originally posted by cartoon View Post
                              I cant justify the money for a toda header personally, all that extra money for such little gains! i got my big tubes for like 600 and a toda is more than double that for fk all extra power. I can get better gains elswhere with the money i saved.

i got toda header and pg zorst and gained 10kw atw... what do u consider big extra power?

Comment

Working...
                              X