Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OBD2 -> OBD1 Conversion

Hey there.

I put this thread up on Ozhonda, but didn't get much of a response. Was wondering if I might get a bit more help here.

"I have an EG with a b18cr. It currently runs with a p73 ecu.

Very soon, I plan on running Neptune. I understand that these only work on OBD1 ECU's.

Ontop on the Neptune RTP, OBD1 ecu, OBD2->OBD1 ECU AND OBD2->OBD1 Distributor harnesses, what other things are necessary to complete the conversion?

Would it be more beneficial to run an obd2 compatible ecu instead of all the extra headaches? or are there advantages in switching to obd1?

Thanks for the time.
    "

I have already found out that I don't need to worry about the dizzy being an obd2 (Thanks Toda)...

Just remove the conversion harness and ECU and run it straight off the original loom which is OBD1.

No real beneficial running OBD2 ECU with jumper harness.
    BYP Racing & Developments
    Built. Tuned. Driven
    Want to go fast? Come see us! e: jimmy@bypracing.com ph: (02) 9757 4757

Comment

No conversion harness...I think this conversion has gone and used the Type R's original loom?

Oh, and Ignore the other wires coming out of the harness...Someone once upon a time must have spliced the AVC-R into the ecu...
      Last edited by zel05; 04-08-10, 12:50 PM.

Comment

i guess someone did a chop chop on the wiring loom. You'll need a obd2a > obd1 conversion harness. If you need one, shoot me a PM
        BYP Racing & Developments
        Sales - Performance parts - Tuning - Race Prep - Engine Builds - Gearbox Upgrade - Car Set-up - Consultancy

Email - benny@bypracing.com
        STREET - TRACK - DRAG

Comment

Working...
        X