Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DC5S Moisture in rear tail lights any fixes or solutions for this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DC5S Moisture in rear tail lights any fixes or solutions for this?

DC5S Moisture in rear tailights any fixes or solutions for this?

Any help would be great.. do i need to replace rear tail light?

Common problem from what ive heard... think you gotta remove the taillight and re-seal it...

Comment

Probably need to buy a new gasket from Honda and replace that. I bought the gasket but haven't got around to installing it yet. Hopefully it's a nice and easy job.

Comment

had mine fixed through warranty and it was fucked again within 2 weeks.

Comment

theres a really good DIY on clubrsx.. just search it up and shouldnt be too hard to miss. i followed that DIY and got mine done its pretty simple.

sorry i dont have time to search it and link it as im in a hurry to leave. good luck
          bansai! Ling Longs

Comment

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread...il+light+water

here it is, sorry about earlier. was in a hurry

just a side note, i got my gasket from local honda for about 34$ each. Can easily find it cheaper else where but for something so considerably cheap its not much of a problem.
            bansai! Ling Longs

Comment

there are gaskets you can buy from autobahn

check them out first.

and check out your spare wheel area

with the rain this week its prob full of water.
              Blaze Orange

Comment

but wont it just happen again?? does this only happen with the facelift model?
                Last edited by obsessionz; 01-08-10, 09:53 AM.

Comment

with the water in the taillights just pull ya lights out for a weekend and shake that gets the water out then replace the gaskets as well... and it will be fine for a while then the deteriorate and replace them again etc... check the spare wheel well but most of time it only goes to ya taillights!

Honda wants $20.50ea

http://oemacuraparts.com/ wants like $9US plus shipping

hope this helps..

oh and if u get condensation in the end just take the globes out when your not using the car and it will clear up!
                  FOR SALE 2005 DC5 TYPE S with 156k km's log books $11.3k

Comment

i cant guarantee whether it will happen again or not but from what i know its because the old gasket just breaks and goes all mushy over time so just replace it with new ones and it should last for a long while.

mine has been a year and its still all good. and i got the pre facelifted model.

beats having water in your trunk :shrug:
                    bansai! Ling Longs

Comment

I had all water in the wheel well wtf? is this all from the tail light gasket leak?? might as well put some fish in there and start an aquarium WTF HONDA QUALITY FTL!!

Comment

yea mine was like that too, after a few hard raining days.. expect a fish tank in ur trunk.

Just buy the gasket and follow that DIY, and then ur all dandy.
                        bansai! Ling Longs

Comment

• Take light assembly out of car.
                          • Take out globe
                          • Check gaskets for deterioration and if necessary, replace gaskets.
                          • Can also try using some plumbing sealant for PVC piping, use thin, continuous bead around the whole assembly, using fingers or cotton swab to rub the bead down around the gasket to ensure contact.
                          • Put lights in a large airtight container, like a plastic tub with lid.
                          • Put heaps of those "SILICA GEL - DO NOT EAT" packets in the container. (make sure these packets are 'dry'. You can prepare old ones by putting on a baking dish and gently warming them in the oven at 60 degrees C for 30 mins)
                          • Leave the container out on a sunny day so the insides get warmed up (I don't recommend the oven!) for a few hours.
                          • Get your bulb ready to fit to the assembly after taking it out of the container, do it reasonably quickly and not on a humid day.

Hopefully that should get nearly all the moisture out of the assembly

Comment

Howie, are you Lowie's brother?
                            Integra Type R
                            Integra Type S
                            S2000

Comment

hahaha no

Comment

Working...
                              X