Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DC5R Strut...

Hey guys... question... pretty noob but i'd rather ask and not stuff up lol
    Picked up a set of Cusco front and rear brace type os for DC5 from JDMConcept...
    Now my question is this for the front strut bar... do i need to remove the OEM one or can it stay?? Also, how many bolts should i be using... 2 or 3??

If anyone has photos, could they possibly show me as that'd be great help...

The rear strut bar.. is it simple enough to install, just a couple of bolts and bang its on or is it abit more difficult (require some cutting of trims etc...)

If possible, could you show me some photos before i do anything stupid lol

Thank you
    Last edited by MYDC5R; 22-07-10, 05:24 PM.

I've had the REAR one, is easy to install. 3 bolts.
    I believe these are more suited to the DC5R, so you may be able to leave your end plates on.
    The DC5S one’s needed to be taken off tho.

I cut the end of the spare wheel cover thing........just to make it fit more flush in the boot.
    If i find an old pic of mine, i'll post.

Comment

Thanks mate... Photos would be a great help Champion!!

If someone has photos of the front, that'd be great to..

Thank you!

Comment

sorry to hijack your thread, but does anyone know what size bolts are needed to fit the jdm dc5r rear strut?

Comment

Originally posted by danielj View Post
          sorry to hijack your thread, but does anyone know what size bolts are needed to fit the jdm dc5r rear strut?
          Cant remember, but I think its an M10 or M12 (M10 x 1.25 I think). You're talking about the lower eyelet bolt yeah?

Comment

bump!

Comment

Originally posted by Nepolian View Post
              Cant remember, but I think its an M10 or M12 (M10 x 1.25 I think). You're talking about the lower eyelet bolt yeah?
              umm not sure tbh LOL. but it's the bar that goes in the spare tyre area. in front of the spare and behind the seats. sorry bout the lack of info/knowledge

Comment

Originally posted by danielj View Post
                umm not sure tbh LOL. but it's the bar that goes in the spare tyre area. in front of the spare and behind the seats. sorry bout the lack of info/knowledge
                Oh the strut bar, that should be an M6 I think!

Comment

Does this Cusco Rear Strut bar for DC5 Go underneath all the carpet and hide well? Its just because i'd like to get the mugen strut but i've got amps literally right behind the rear passanger seats and i wouldn't want to cut anything to accomodate like J Racing rear strut bars.

Comment

Originally posted by Norm View Post
                    Does this Cusco Rear Strut bar for DC5 Go underneath all the carpet and hide well? Its just because i'd like to get the mugen strut but i've got amps literally right behind the rear passanger seats and i wouldn't want to cut anything to accomodate like J Racing rear strut bars.
                    Cusco Rear Strut sits nicely under the carpet, not modification on the carpet or spare wheel cover required!
                    - Project R -

Comment

Photos please????

Comment

i could get a picture of the spoon strut if your interested?

Comment

Sure It'd be the same thing.. Same sorta install..

Comment

check your pm page
                            Last edited by SpoonS; 23-07-10, 06:57 PM.

Comment

Checked....
                              Can u show me a foto of the strut without any boot lining ??

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                              X