Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DC5S vs DC5R front LCA , knuckles interchangable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DC5S vs DC5R front LCA , knuckles interchangable?

Hey guys
    I found out from honda parts that the dc5r and the dc5s LCA is the same, but the knuckle is different though.
    anyone knows if the dc5r knuckle can go into the dc5s?

need to replace knuckles and LCAs, and can only seem to find DC5R parts.
    thanks a lot!
    Last edited by marvo; 22-07-10, 07:18 PM.

Are you sure the LCAs are the same? Everything I have read suggests that the 05-06 Type S (in the US at least) has a larger taper on the lower ball joint that won't fit the 02-04 LCA. This is just hearsay though I haven't tried to fit a later model LCA to an earlier model. This makes the balljoint different at least. Perhaps it is different Australia though, we might have all the same knuckles and LCAs.

Can't be of more help sadly. OEMacuraparts.com lists different parts for the 02-04 and 05-06 LCAs and also different parts for the knuckles.

Comment

I had 03 JDM DC5R alloy lower arms on my 05 DC5S, straight bolt up together with JDM DC5R front swaybar.
      The lower ball joints on the 05~06 Type S are larger matching the joints on the JDM DC5R
      But the AUDM 02~04 DC5R uses the small ball joints with the smaller taper as ChargeR said.
      I tried to fit my JDM arms to my 03 DC5R when I had it but that was a waste of time.
      But no problem when I got the S
      TODA Performance Australia Pty Ltd
      TODA Racing - TODA Power - FIGHTEX
      Official Australian Distributors
      Engine Building / Dyno tuning / Licenced Mechanical Workshop

Email: toda@todaracing.com.au

M-Factory - HALTECH - Hondata - EXEDY - WORK - Supertech - Crower

Comment

Great info Adrian, I have been wondering for ages whether the Australian models were the same as the US cars in this respect. My car is nearly due for new wheel bearings (again ) and I was considering getting new 05-06 knuckles at the same time so I could swap in some JDM LCAs and also have fresh ball joints but needed firm confirmation .

Comment

thanks guys
          and just to confirm if i'm going to put the jdm knuckles, lca and sway, i'll have to get bearings to suit yeah?

Comment

Working...
          X