Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DC5S Rattle Sound from interior when driving...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DC5S Rattle Sound from interior when driving...

Hi guys, last past days i've noticed a weird rattle sound coming somewhere from interior i can pin point exactly where its coming from i thought it was the glove box but its not sounds like its coming from the aircon vents but not sure exactly where...

anyone else had rattles in there type S? where's it coming from and how did you stop it?

Cheers

I wouldn't say rattling in mine. More like creaking just from the chasis flexing and interiors which are attached to the chasis. Adding on a front strut bar to strengthen my chasis definetly reduced the sound. If not just try to slide some cushioning between the gap which causes rattling. By the way how loud is it?

Comment

its the dash that meets the windscreen

when you hear the rattling press your hand on the dash on the right hand side and it should stop

put foam or something between there
      Blaze Orange

Comment

in my case its the glove box... we all know those things dont fit perfect ... sigh
        bansai! Ling Longs

Comment

After my track day.. The dash rattles.... Beore it didnt..( with the hasports installed)
          Integra Type R
          Integra Type S
          S2000

Comment

hahaha ive wedged soo much shit between the windshield shit is worse than before
            if i ever need anew windshield im going to put felt lining on the bottom of the window to stop noises, thats how acura america fixed this problem under warranty.
            most guys on clubrsx wedge weatherstriping and say it fixes the problem, basically when your driving if you put heaps of pressure on the front and push down it increases the gap at the back, havnt seemed to find the right size weatherstripping though.

Comment

i know the noise you're talking about. I have this rattling sound from behind the far left air con vent. I took out my glovebox and wedged a piece of paper to where i thought it was coming from and it's stopped.

Comment

sweet yeh thats where it sounds like its coming from? is the glove box hard to take out? any guides?

Comment

jus use ur fingers and press the side clips of the glovebox and wala its out

Comment

Originally posted by Norm View Post
                    jus use ur fingers and press the side clips of the glovebox and wala its out
                    ya! I used this method.

Comment

hey guys this rattle is really doing my head in does anyone have a solution... ive worked out the following:

Only does it when its cold weather... During a hot day there is no rattle at all, sounds like something tapping on glass but coming from dash area? not sure exactly where..

Also ive put foam between the dash and the windscreen and does absolutely nothing!

anyone fixed this issue? or know how to fix it... ?

Comment

you could take the windscreen off and put adhesive felt on the bottomside which is acura americas fix to this problem lol. mine does it tooo but like crazy in cold mornings, does it stop when you push the front of the dash down?

Comment

stick your head betweent the dash and windscreen

you might find this sound coming from the roof lining near the top of the windscreen

hold the rood lining with your hand push hard onto it, and it might stop the rattling

if it does

wedge something in there
                          Blaze Orange

Comment

check the trim between ur door and the dash could be vibrating and touching.

test by closing a newspaper or smthn in between =)

Comment

Turn the stereo up.
                              sigpicCurrent holder of the Win folder.

Comment

Working...
                              X