Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time for new shocks

Hey guys,

I think it time for new shocks on my DC5R. It doesn't handle as it use to. I have noticed over bumps the the vehicle is rocking back and forth instead of absorbing the hit. Also, I feel less confident going around bends and I have to correct the steering to ensure I am traveling within the lanes.

I have done some research but I haven't found any solid answers yet so I was hoping members can help me out.

My DC5R is completely stock and preferably I would like to keep it that way, I know there are going to be plenty of replies to consider coilovers. Personally, I just want to restore the stock feeling.
    I've noticed common brands are Blisten and Koni Yellows. Blisten doesn't seem to have shocks made for 03 model and the Koni Yellows needs some adjustments in order to fit.

Is anyone able to share some of the experiences to what I should do?
    Does anyone know the spring rates for a stock AUDM DC5R? Cause obviously I need to get shocks that would suit it specs in order to get full use.

thanks

How many KM's on your car?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by justinfox
    You can modify many crappy cars out there to be faster than a real Type-R but no matter how fast they are they still don't knock the Type-R off it's "pedestal" which it so deservedly sits on. :P

JHDM-B18C7 >>>>> Source Code: DC2R 00-0016 SOLD

Comment

over 120,000kms now

Comment

If you want stock height, stock feel, just get some second hand shocks to replace. They will be cheap and im sure that you can find some that haven't had much use at all.

Comment

Yeah thats about that but who really knows how kms have been driven on then. preferably I rather a brand new set.

I was thinking about a spring/shock comb. just as long it is on par with the stock handling or better! Any recommendations guys?

Comment

Most guys on here are pretty honest and reputable. If they say they been used for a certain amount of km's i'd tend to beleive them.

Quote:
            Originally Posted by justinfox
            You can modify many crappy cars out there to be faster than a real Type-R but no matter how fast they are they still don't knock the Type-R off it's "pedestal" which it so deservedly sits on. :P

JHDM-B18C7 >>>>> Source Code: DC2R 00-0016 SOLD

Comment

I've posted in the for sale thread. let's see what happens.

For now I am hoping there are members will give some advice. Surely someone has replaced their shocks.

Comment

When my dc2r's shocks needed replacing I hauled ass to Heaseman's Steering at Arncliffe, and got a set of Bilsteins. They matched it to the OEM specs and after almost 100,000km they feel *great*. It wasn't cheap though (but I also had a full alignment and extra camber done while it was there)

Comment

cost?

Comment

im in need of new shocks aswell my one is gone, knocks with the suspension aswell
                    any info would be great on brands and prices (Y)

Comment

Bilstein's are an awesome quality damper, and very good value for what they are.

Install a set, they will probably outlast your car.
                      | 1991 Formula Red NSX | 1999 CW DC2R #00-193 | 2013 Black CBR1000RR

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

I've searched for Bilsteins shocks! They don't have ones that suit the DC5R model.

Comment

Bilstein make replacement sport dampers for the EP3 Si (Not the R) that could possibly be made to fit the DC5 with a tie rod end change and drilling out the holes in the lower bracket of the strut from 14mm to 16mm. And some washers at the lower mount of the rear damper. Not ideal though.

If your current dampers are done then you shouldn't shy away from cutting them up to fit the Konis. Koni sport dampers seem to have a great reputation, although I have no personal experience with them. I don't think there are any other decent performance aftermarket options.

Comment

Working...
                          X