Oil Cooler - DC5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oil Cooler - DC5

Hey guys, so im jsut doign some early research. I defiantely plan to get an oil cooler towards the end fo the year, when the heat starts to come on.

I dropped into EARLS down at Silverwater last week, and got a quote for everything. it was $1081.

I was looking at some generic oil coolers no ebay, and wanted to know is the generic one a better bang for buck as opposed to the earls fittings.

I seen this one on ebay so far;

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/19-RO...Q5fAccessories

Opinions?

I plan to fit the oilcooler on the passneger side of the front bar;

On the street, im planing to rig up a bit of perspex or something to block off al the cool air, so my oil temp can still warm uip to the reasonable temp
    Last edited by plAythiNG; 04-07-10, 07:49 PM.
    Integra Type R
    Integra Type S
    S2000

i'll find out the number of those guys up in mel for you so u can compare prices...
    183.2KW ATW
    BUILT BY DR HONDA
    Tuned by INSIGHT MOTORSPORT

12.44@109.9mph

Comment

THanks dude!
      Integra Type R
      Integra Type S
      S2000

Comment

We've been using justjap oil cooler core for 3yrs now. No leaks and does the job quite well. Just get good fittings like earl's or speedflow.
        BYP Racing & Developments
        Built. Tuned. Driven
        Want to go fast? Come see us! e: jimmy@bypracing.com ph: (02) 9757 4757

Comment

Originally posted by fatboyz39 View Post
          We've been using justjap oil cooler core for 3yrs now. No leaks and does the job quite well. Just get good fittings like earl's or speedflow.
          Yeah, was thinknig, I can pick up a generic oil cooler and get quality fittings etc, but a good earls oil cooler was like roughly $250
          Integra Type R
          Integra Type S
          S2000

Comment

There's a stockist in Melb for Earls that is alot cheaper than Earls silverwater. Can't remember the name but he might be still on ebay. he was approx. 30% cheaper. Or get it from the US. As said, if you get an ebay one, be sure to get good fittings because those ebay ones are hopeless.

Also ask tinker for a quote for a kit. Cost was roughly in the 600s.
            CARSFORHOPE

Comment

Cheers thansk richard.
              Integra Type R
              Integra Type S
              S2000

Comment

Working...
              X