HELP DC5R Idle Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP DC5R Idle Issue

Hey guys.. Just got back from overseas yesterday. Was away for one month and i went to start the car and my batt was dead. Jump started it and it started. i was letting it warm up until my revs started jumping around.. between 1 - 2 rpm. Felt like someone was in the car reving n reving. I turned the car off and started it again, idle'd fine then the revs started going crazy again. I was going to take it for a drive but was too scared that something would happend to it. I Unplugged the battery to reset the ecu. Would this fix the problem? Was also told that maybe my Throttle Body could be dirty? .. going to check the oil incase its low but i highly doubt that would be the case. Also the car is pretty much on an empty tank but id put 5ltrs in it so i guess that should be ok.

Any inputs would be much appreciated .. thanks guys.

just take it for a drive man...she'll be right.

Comment

give the IACV a clean, it should fix the idle problem

Comment

Originally posted by bungsai View Post
        just take it for a drive man...she'll be right.
        yeah i will later today. see how it goes.. hopefully after 15mins should be fine.. i hope..

Comment

Originally posted by iversonruls View Post
          give the IACV a clean, it should fix the idle problem
          im noob lol whats the IACV? (>_<)

Comment

All fixed now. Was just the ecu. Just unplugged it and plug it back on and it was all better. thanks guys

Comment

Working...
            X