VTEC Issue (DC5R)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VTEC Issue (DC5R)

My missus drove my DC5R for the first time in about 3 weeks... as i've lost my license... anywayz.. VTEC didn't feel like it kicked in if you get me.. i've got an INJEN CAI, it didn't give off that same effect of the INJEN screaming...
    The car feels like it is PULLING but the cross over isn't as loud as it was... i don't know if it's just me but something does feel odd..

Any ideas on this or could it be because the car hasn't been driven that often and the fluids haven't been circulating properly... (I started the car up every now and again for 20mins)

Also my car is very VERY jumpy over bumpy roads... honestly feels like the front lip is scraping the ground :S

Thanks guys
    Last edited by MYDC5R; 13-06-10, 05:20 PM.

ur oil is probably low

Comment

Originally posted by l__i__l View Post
      ur oil is probably low
      Nope, perfectly fine. Checked before she drove it. Had it serviced just before i lost my license and the colour of the oil is perfecttt

Comment

hmm then maybe your air filter is dirty?

Comment

possibly.. will wait for other answers

Comment

Was the engine cold? VTEC will not engage if the engine is not warmed up enough. Also could be poor fuel? I notice myself that after heavy rain, my car feels weaker in performance (I also have an Injen). I think this is due to the filter being covered in dirt/water/shit.
            sigpicCurrent holder of the Win folder.

Comment

Originally posted by Didz View Post
              Was the engine cold? VTEC will not engage if the engine is not warmed up enough. Also could be poor fuel? I notice myself that after heavy rain, my car feels weaker in performance (I also have an Injen). I think this is due to the filter being covered in dirt/water/shit.
              Nah water temp and oil temp was alright... (I have oil pressure & temp gauges)... it wasn't full but oil was around 80 or so...
              Well it hasn't been driven since but the night before i stopped driving i almost hydrolocked it in melbourne... heavy rain... car was VERY sluggish.... so yeah... not to sure... maybe spark plugs need to be changed?

Comment

Originally posted by MYDC5R View Post
                Nah water temp and oil temp was alright... (I have oil pressure & temp gauges)... it wasn't full but oil was around 80 or so...
                Well it hasn't been driven since but the night before i stopped driving i almost hydrolocked it in melbourne... heavy rain... car was VERY sluggish.... so yeah... not to sure... maybe spark plugs need to be changed?
                Check the air filter and clean it. Then proceed to drive the car until u need to change the fuel. If the car still feels sluggish after a few days, then take it to Honda or another autoelectrician/mechanic whom you trust. I would put money on it being poor fuel or a clogged air filter or even the butt dyno being a little off.

Comment

Originally posted by Didz View Post
                  Check the air filter and clean it. Then proceed to drive the car until u need to change the fuel. If the car still feels sluggish after a few days, then take it to Honda or another autoelectrician/mechanic whom you trust. I would put money on it being poor fuel or a clogged air filter or even the butt dyno being a little off.
                  Alright thanks mate.
                  Will check that out. I'll do so next weekend by removing the INJEN Filter and just replace it. Any recommendations on brand of air filters or it doesn't really matter???

Cheers mate, appreciate your help

Comment

I dont think the air filters matter too much. If u wanna spend 120 bucks on a K&N, go for it. I didnt though.

Comment

Maybe it was her driving. It sounds like it was the first time she's driven since you became a passenger. Make sure she's at WOT before we start diagnosing faults. The bumpiness I believe is because you're a passenger. You're less focuseed on drivng now. When you're not drivng they're not comfortable cars.

Comment

Originally posted by m0nty View Post
                        Maybe it was her driving. It sounds like it was the first time she's driven since you became a passenger. Make sure she's at WOT before we start diagnosing faults. The bumpiness I believe is because you're a passenger. You're less focuseed on drivng now. When you're not drivng they're not comfortable cars.
                        I would agree with you but i have driven the car down my street the same day to test that theory.. lol... and she's driven my car quite a few times before this occasion... So im sure something is up...
                        Last edited by MYDC5R; 13-06-10, 11:02 PM.

Comment

Alright update..
                          Had a friend come and drive.. VTEC is fine, well seems to be... so possibly i need a new pod filter to replace the INJEN one... anything else anyone could recommend to me to check??

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                          X