Identify this Part

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Identify this Part

Not sure if there is already a thread like this but I'd think it would be useful for noobs like myself.

Saw these coilovers at a mechanic and was just wondering if anyone knows exactly what model they are: Mugen of some kind I'm assuming but the springs are mismatched. Front height looks unadjustable unless you want to change the preload. As for the rear I think it's similar to buddy club n+ where if you want to change the height you need to take the coilover apart.

Any help would be appreciated

DC5S

They look sorta like Mugen N1 dampers but not. The front strut is different they should be stainless bodied threaded the whole way and height adjustable independent of preload, the lower bracket is not the mugen item. The rears look very mugen-ish. Did they have any numbers or markings on them? Spring rates are a bit weak .

Got any more pics?

Comment

Nope those were the only ones I took. I do recall seeing the imprint of "Type A-1" somewhere on it though.

P.S which number on there gives the spring rate? The 66,152 or 180? Always wondered how to read that.
      DC5S

Comment

66 = ID
        152 = length?
        180 = 18kg/mm
        ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
          They look sorta like Mugen N1 dampers but not. The front strut is different they should be stainless bodied threaded the whole way and height adjustable independent of preload, the lower bracket is not the mugen item. The rears look very mugen-ish. Did they have any numbers or markings on them? Spring rates are a bit weak .

Got any more pics?
          Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
          66 = ID
          152 = length?
          180 = 18kg/mm
          Thanks for that David. haha weak maybe for you Tom, my new coil's spring rates are low as. Wonder how they'll handle.
          DC5S

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
            66 = ID
            152 = length?
            180 = 18kg/mm
            That was my guess too, no idea on the fronts though.

Originally posted by vuongster View Post
            Thanks for that David. haha weak maybe for you Tom, my new coil's spring rates are low as. Wonder how they'll handle.
            Was only kidding of course, silly spring rates work well in theory but it doesn't seem to matter that much . Plenty people have gone faster than me in cars that shouldn't handle as well theoretically . I really don't know what those coilovers are, that looks like a Mugen upper spring perch at the front and obviously the spring, but no idea what the rest is.

Comment

Working...
            X