No announcement yet.

PWR vs OEM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where did you end up purchasing from Tinker?

Looks the goods!!!
    | 1991 Formula Red NSX | 1999 CW DC2R #00-193 | 2013 Black CBR1000RR

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

Originally posted by dang View Post
      There's specific full length EK ones avaliable from Fwin. My mate had it on his EKB20. It fitted perfect, but this is assuming you don't have AC cause it using the both your Radiator and AC Condensor mounts from underneth.
      thanks dang I'm more after using with the aircon at the moment
      ek9-->ED civic--> eg--> S2K-->JDM DC2R-->EP3

Comment

i'm using Koyo 53mm with mbit headers on my dc2r and it fits no problem, but with not much clearance between headers and the radiator (ie the radiator will be heated by the headers in situations like stop-start traffic where there is minimal airflow). this size radiator uses about 7L of coolant! on the last track day my water temp never exceeded 80degC and i was able to do more laps before oil temp reached 130degC than with stock radiator. also the oil temp would drop back to ~120 on the cool down lap ie quicker than before.
        "What's the point of racing a car that doesn't look cool?" - Nakai-san, RWB

Comment

ahhhh so u r happy with the product ?

now for oil cooler, we have oil cooler group buy u know

Comment

Freakygeek: i got it from the USA - Titan Motorsports
            ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by szymonsta View Post
              i was able to do more laps before oil temp reached 130degC than with stock radiator. also the oil temp would drop back to ~120 on the cool down lap ie quicker than before.
              I think you need an oil cooler, 130 is a bit high
              Last edited by whtdc2; 04-11-06, 07:51 AM.

Comment

mm..yes oil cooler may be needed..

Comment

oil pressure issues ftw

:/

Comment

mm..
                    yes. remind me, what oil pressure issues are there with running an oil cooler?

Comment

i am using Trust 10 rows, there is no oil pressure problem

Comment

i am using eBay 19 rows, there is no oil pressure problem
                        ... retired/

Comment

your using very small diameter lines to make sure there is no problem right tinks?

Comment

Originally posted by 00dc2 View Post
                            your using very small diameter lines to make sure there is no problem right tinks?
                            no, i am usign -10AN lines

probably the largest you can go on B series...

i recommend a small diameter oil filter, but still use a standard z79a one (cheaper)...
                            ... retired/

Comment

wtf.. i didnt know there was more than 1 filter we can use.. is it honda? and why do you recommend it? raises oil pressure?

Comment

Originally posted by 00dc2 View Post
                                wtf.. i didnt know there was more than 1 filter we can use.. is it honda? and why do you recommend it? raises oil pressure?
                                use a K20A2 oil filter - similar to HAMP ones
                                ... retired/

Comment

Working...
                                X