Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cross Left with Right calipers.. Any ideas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cross Left with Right calipers.. Any ideas?

Hi all,

got a big porblem here on my spoon calipers, to cut the long story short i realised the set of monoblock calipers i bought for my dc5 WAS for a DC2~~~

what i wana ask is they all looked the same except they are the ones for mounting FORWARD instead of Rear for dc5 and s2000. So if i install the left caliper on my right rotor i can mount them as a REAR caliper.

Is that technically possible?

would that not put the smaller/larger pistons around the wrong way or put the 'spoon' writing on the inside?
    02 Indy Yellow s2000::::::04 Arctic Blue Pearl DC5R::::::05 White B2600::::::10 Ibis White Q5

Comment

no it wont, in deed by cross those two over i can have the bleeder downward too.

I guess the reason for that is maybe they were the meant to mount as forward~ which is on the left side of the rotor unlike usually u will see ppl mount it on the right side of the rotor for cars like dc5 and s2000.

Yeah the only thing i am worried is that if its technically possible.

Comment

it prob dont matter....only thing that matters is that the bleed nipples are at the top otherwise is will be a bitch to bleed up

Comment

Sell it to me for a Baaaarrrrgaaaiinnn...and then get the correct ones..

Originally posted by R123 View Post
          Hi all,

got a big porblem here on my spoon calipers, to cut the long story short i realised the set of monoblock calipers i bought for my dc5 WAS for a DC2~~~

what i wana ask is they all looked the same except they are the ones for mounting FORWARD instead of Rear for dc5 and s2000. So if i install the left caliper on my right rotor i can mount them as a REAR caliper.

Is that technically possible?
          MFactory Performance Products

Follow my journey to Superlap at: http://nextstopsuperlap.blogspot.com.au/

Comment

Working...
          X