Has your intake ever sucked in water?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has your intake ever sucked in water?

Just wondering if anyone has ever experienced this and if so, what happened?
    I have a Mugen intake for my dc2r and am yet to install. It doesn't have the splash guard.

nope i got injen as well
    Blaze Orange

Comment

I was driving through some very heavy rain through Ryde the other day and I was a little worried about my mugen intake taking in water as the roads were quite deep with water in some sections. I have the splash guard though and I didn't have any dramas.

I was only worried because of what happened to a member on here. Can't remember who he is, i'm sure he had the mugen intake on his dc2R an got splashed by a 4WD or something on the Anzac Bridge. Ended up being a write off.
      Last edited by DC2R; 27-05-10, 08:08 PM.

Quote:
      Originally Posted by justinfox
      You can modify many crappy cars out there to be faster than a real Type-R but no matter how fast they are they still don't knock the Type-R off it's "pedestal" which it so deservedly sits on. :P

JHDM-B18C7 >>>>> Source Code: DC2R 00-0016 SOLD

Comment

i got a DC5R with the INJEN CAI (Bit of Custom Fabrication) will show a photo later of what i mean....
        My pod sits abit more exposed then normal on the bottom of the car but yes i have sucked in abit of water...
        happened 3 times now and i dare say im lucky i didn't blow the car up lol...
        Once the car felt VERY VERY Sluggish....
        Second time... Started hearing a knocking sound within the engine bay (shut the car off right away)
        Third time, similar to above but very heavily sluggish....

Thinking about going to GruppeM but ain't sure just yet...
        If you don't mind dealing with the risks of your CAI then i think anyone here would recommend them.
        If you want the added peace of mind get the splash guard/hydroshield or whatever gives you that extra bit of comfort..

Comment

Originally posted by MYDC5R View Post
          If you want the added peace of mind get the splash guard/hydroshield or whatever gives you that extra bit of comfort..
          I'd definitely like to have peace of mind.

If anyone can give me dimensions i'll diy and post up here. Should be pretty easy.

Otherwise, anyone got one spare?

Comment

PM obessionz for the dimensions, he's got his out of the car at the moment.

Quote:
            Originally Posted by justinfox
            You can modify many crappy cars out there to be faster than a real Type-R but no matter how fast they are they still don't knock the Type-R off it's "pedestal" which it so deservedly sits on. :P

JHDM-B18C7 >>>>> Source Code: DC2R 00-0016 SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by DC2R View Post
              PM obessionz for the dimensions, he's got his out of the car at the moment.
              Did that but he's missing the splash guard as well!

Comment

http://forum.clubitr.com.au/showthread.php?t=7816

heres mine =/

Comment

Originally posted by lowie View Post
                  That was a painful experience. Feel for you bro.

Comment

yea ive sucked in water before but thank god it didnt hydroloc

stalled and didnt start!

my oil went all milky and the spark plugs were drenched

so just changed em and everything was fine

Comment

running gruppe M, water? no... drove in heavy rain and all no problems at all. its amazing how such a small drainhole can drain so much water / second.

as for Moth? yes, sucked in plenty of moths =/
                      bansai! Ling Longs

Comment

i js got my injen cold air intalled on my dc5, also i had a HydroShield Pre-Filters as well, does it realli help?

Comment

I'm thinking about teh hydro shield... for injen.. specially since tehre is so much rain around... but When its raining, and i'm driving.. i dont go full throttle, and i dont go past 3k rpm/
                          Integra Type R
                          Integra Type S
                          S2000

Comment

it was flodding here in wagga at one stage, and i was driving my car everywhere....and i have injen, but didnt have a single problem...maybe i got lucky lol
                            183.2KW ATW
                            BUILT BY DR HONDA
                            Tuned by INSIGHT MOTORSPORT

12.44@109.9mph

Comment

Anyone got the deets on these things?

Would love to make some up.

Comment

Working...
                              X