Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DC5 Type S rear bar, is it same as jdm rear bar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DC5 Type S rear bar, is it same as jdm rear bar?

Just wondering, is the JDM rear bar for the dc5, the same rear bar on the facelifted AUDM DC5?
    Integra Type R
    Integra Type S
    S2000

no!

just check out the number plate area in both rear bars!

Comment

Minus the rear lights & lip, the the rear end of the Pre & post facelift DC5 are the same (Note the Post rear bar is slightly differant under the tail lights)

AUDM:

JDM:

As Ricky (Dicky) said, look at the number plate surround.

I beleive JDMyard had a few for sale a couple of months ago.

Comment

shuddup robi haha

Comment

Much love mang.

Comment

Ahh thanks guys... yeah i can see the numberplate area is shorter.. Will that affect aussie number plates that are the standard 6 character paltes? Sorry I cannot tell, as 45set is a short palte.

Maybe Vuongster can help us out on this question!
            Integra Type R
            Integra Type S
            S2000

Comment

Like most Jap cars that are imported from Japan (S13, R32 etc) you'll have problems with the normal sized plates and you'll have to bend the ends to get them to fit correctly (That is if the normal 6 character NSW plate is the same size as the QLD 6 character plate)

Not sure about NSW, but in QLD you are not allowed to modify your plates in any way, so doing that is actually classified as a defect.

Comment

Someone called?

No problems fitting regular NSW number plates on the JDM rear bar although, for my rear bar anyway, there is no exact bracket to fit the numberplate. I'm using cable ties to hold it up although if you are bothered, a bracket could be made so that it sits nicer. Perhaps if they were held flat against the bar though, there may be problems with the sides touching the bar. I'll have a closer look tomorrow. Nonetheless though, there will still be a pretty ugly gap with normal NSW plates.

As above mentioned number plate area is different sizes for the JDM and AUDM bars.

Sorry about the non-flattering photos haha

AUDM:

JDM:

DC5S

Comment

the red honda badge will set the rear off EPRFECTLY@
                  Integra Type R
                  Integra Type S
                  S2000

Comment

It's coming! Waiting on JDMConcept, they needed to order it in from Japan. So taking a while. Did I answer your question Alex?
                    DC5S

Comment

lol i was wrong...
                      Blaze Orange

Comment

Just had a quick look at my rear number plate. It seems that there would be problems if you wished to push it flat up against the mounting area. The edges of the number plate would hit the sides of the mounting area.

Using cable ties, it sits just fine and doesn't look too bad. The ultimate fix though would be a mounting bracket that comes off the chassis of the body all the way out to a spot in front of the number plate area so it sits nice and flush.
                        DC5S

Comment

Working...
                        X