DC5 - Change Rear Pads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DC5 - Change Rear Pads

I'm going to try and change my rear brake pads tomorrow following this DIY and just wanted to check a few things before I went for it.

My main concerns are the torque and grease as I'm pretty sure everything else is step by step. My torque wrench is one of those massive 1/2 drive ones and I doubt I'll be able to fit it behind my caliper. Would the torque be super important or should I just try to not over tighten? Also for the grease I noticed that in the DIY for the DC2 here on clubitr he did not use any grease when installing the pads. How important is it? (I say this because I may not have time to go out and buy some tomorrow)

Pretty sure this is all I was concerned about for now, anything else I should be looking out for?

Torque wrench wouldnt be required. I dont remember using grease to hold the plate on with my pads. This was because my pads came with different backing plates/surfaces.
    sigpicCurrent holder of the Win folder.

Comment

might just wanna swab some grease on the slides (Bolts holding the caliper to the caliper bracket), some brands of pads come with a small plastic packet of grease specifically for this. if you cant do it dont worry about it to much but it could cause uneven pad wear in the future.

Comment

Working...
      X