Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Window rattles in Dc2

http://www.team-integra.net/sections...?ArticleID=552

Some people complain about their windows rattling when the door is slammed with the window half wound down. Heres a DIY on how to fix it. Can anyone recommend a glue that will hold rubber to metal? it seems the glue i used the first time has come unstuck.

good article....thanks mate

Comment

Originally posted by BrendanR View Post
      it seems the glue i used the first time has come unstuck.
      yeah mine has gone loose too! it rattles when u're driving with the window down.. and when u close the door, it doesn't make a nice sound
      ClubITR | Like

Comment

same problem here too....
        LONDA

Comment

Originally posted by felixR View Post
          yeah mine has gone loose too! it rattles when u're driving with the window down.. and when u close the door, it doesn't make a nice sound
          when your passenger slams the door.. it's makes a really nice sound.

Comment

Originally posted by cldc2 View Post
            when your passenger slams the door.. it's makes a really nice sound.
            yeah the passenger door is ok it's the driver's door.. it's my door that has the problem hehe
            ClubITR | Like

Comment

nites
              Last edited by felixR; 19-08-20, 03:32 AM.

Comment

not sure what glue would be best - anyone know/have tried some????

brendan - what glue did you try?
                ... retired/

Comment

took my door trim off yesterday and my mould is still in place trying to combat the window rattle that my door has when the music is up.

ps. i discovered yesterday that i have mb quartz 2 ways :P

Comment

I fixed my drivers window last night. Used some silastic stuff. The passenger one seems to have held with that so far.

No more rattles FTW
                    | 1991 Formula Red NSX | 1999 CW DC2R #00-193 | 2013 Black CBR1000RR

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

Never had such problem previously...woot!

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
                        not sure what glue would be best - anyone know/have tried some????

brendan - what glue did you try?
                        Ahh it was Selleys Kwik Grip Contact Adhesive. Lasted about 3 months id say

Comment

The problem with fast-setting glues for this use would be that there is some effort required to get the window rubber in the track and located correctly. The last thing you'd want would be for the glue to set when the rubber isn't in the right position!

I think it's a case of getting the top part of the rubber in place and located, then pulling the bottom part out, applying adhesive and pushing it back in.
                          | 1991 Formula Red NSX | 1999 CW DC2R #00-193 | 2013 Black CBR1000RR

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Comment

i always that the rubber was meant to move up and down ..
                            and as long as u lube up the inside of it ..
                            it will be ok ..

but im gonna try this if i get a chance this weekend!
                            Farewell TYP88R

Comment

I learned never to close my door with the window half down or to close the door carefully. My rubbers fell out so many times the dealer ended up replacing them.
                              01 JDM CW DC5R - C pack - 17" RAYS CE28N Bronze - Potenza RE001 - BuddyClub N+ - Mugen Airbox/Header/Twinloop/Strut bar/Therostat/Fan SW/GT Wing - Hondata IMG/K Pro - Bride Seat Rails - Defi BF/Pod - C-West Lip Kit - Super pro castor bushings - Ingalls Camber arms

Comment

Working...
                              X