Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I don't want to use my keys as much

Hey all,

had this thought the other day, as a "cheap" little mod for my car... getting a push button start, instead of sticking a key in a barrel and turning and quite possibly remote start too...

I've heard about an evo where the remote/button start short circuited and consequently the car was trying to start itself whilst in gear being a manual... hit a garage door

can anyone shed light on this? do they have a button to push start? do you like it/hate it? why/why not? prices/places to obtain said items?

cheers!

If you're talking about proximity key forget about it. It's way to technical to retro fit and would cost thousands to retro fit.

If you want push button for the DC5 had it in JDM land. You'd still have to put your key in the ignition to deactivate the immobilizer so it's a gimmick. I have rigged a two switch system in my car but it's always under lcok and key secure compound. A master witch for battery power, another for ignition and fuel pump and finally ouch Bryon start. Not applicable for road use as the car has no anti theft mechanism.

Comment

No, not a proximity start, merely like something it seems you have (put the key in the barel, turn to accessories or whatever, but then push buttong to start) as well as remote start.

My dad has it on his srt-10 dodge ram, just don't know whether his comes factory like that or not.

Comment

ive got a brand new oem s2k button forsale if you are interested.

Comment

Originally posted by Duy View Post
          ive got a brand new oem s2k button forsale if you are interested.
          will this fit on dc5r ?
          hi

Comment

yeh i agree with monty. I considered it at one point, but after reading stuff on the forums etc its just not worth money. I'd rather spend it on performance parts.

Comment

Working...
            X