Are these legit? your opinion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are these legit? your opinion?

Im consdiering getting a pair of Bride Seats.

Looked on ebay.. i was like WHOA WAT DA FCUK!

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/2-X-Genuine-B...item20b0acfe18

You reckon this is legit... for 2 seats, no rails..?
    Integra Type R
    Integra Type S
    S2000

absofruitly not. Actually not sure eh. They do look decent though. I reckon give them a call or show some paper work for them.

Comment

Since you're in Sydney ask if you can check them out before hand. What doesn't play in their favour is that they only accept bank deposit etc. and no PayPal.

Comment

ummm dude any legit seller will get real photos that are time stamped or documents to prove authenticity. And this guy has only sold 8 things.

Im pretty damn sure they wont be the real deal.

PS. Anyone can get the photos from the Bride website and post them. Just go to importmonster website and you can see all the jap pictures. Save as and post.

Comment

On another note, you could be shafted by the constabulary for having a non ADR compliant seat in your car. You have SRS in your standard seat. By removing those seats you are leaving yourself wide open to major punishment from the police.

Regardless of whether they're real or not, (which I believe they are not) I would never fit them to a Type S. I paid $950 for a single Zeta III and $1,650 for a single Maxis III FRP.

The other issue is his photos. He's using the genuine photos taken by Bride. I would at least ask for the JASMA label photographed and time stamped and a photo of the seats he is selling. Also, a written statutory declaration from him stating they are genuine. If they are not you then have right of refund.
          Last edited by m0nty; 08-05-10, 11:12 AM.

Comment

Yeah, thanks guys, didnt think they wouldbe genuine... especially when you see two seats in the item advertised. Type S seats, look and feel nice, but the bolster support is weak... But i'm going to keep it.
            Integra Type R
            Integra Type S
            S2000

Comment

Fake brides are crazy. A friend of mine, had like 30 Bride Gias I's made up in China. 1 to 1 replica's! I put it up next to my real Gias II, and there is no difference to it at all. You got to be careful.

Originally posted by ChargeR
              Evo is faster. Only buy the FD2R if you are a Honda fanboy. I would buy the FD2R. I am a Honda fanboy.

Comment

Thnks Ricki... You never got back to me on the prices for Hasports mount... Looking ti get it ina couple months, (when the USD weakens)!
                Integra Type R
                Integra Type S
                S2000

Comment

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
                  Thnks Ricki... You never got back to me on the prices for Hasports mount... Looking ti get it ina couple months, (when the USD weakens)!
                  I swear to god I did. lol. I'll PM you.

Originally posted by ChargeR
                  Evo is faster. Only buy the FD2R if you are a Honda fanboy. I would buy the FD2R. I am a Honda fanboy.

Comment

so what if its fake, get it but be prepared to get defected when cops pull you over
                    Blaze Orange

Comment

Originally posted by TypeSexy View Post
                      so what if its fake, get it but be prepared to get defected when cops pull you over
                      Because it's fake?

Perhaps you could look at the penalties for removing airbags from cars before making such a suggestion.

Comment

There are air bags in the seat?!?!

I thought most seats arent ADR approved anyhow, so you can still get defected even with engineering etc?

Comment

Its a defect, not becuase its fake... [LOL]! .. its a defect as you are removing the side airbag in the seat itself, where from factory it comes with an airbag there.
                          Integra Type R
                          Integra Type S
                          S2000

Comment

it's also a defect as they are not reclineable, unless you register your car as a two seater car, and get them engineered

Comment

Originally posted by tRipitaka View Post
                              it's also a defect as they are not reclineable, unless you register your car as a two seater car, and get them engineered
                              I think if your car is more than a 2 seater, you can have one (1) fixed seat, but the other one has to be reclinable.
                              Integra Type R
                              Integra Type S
                              S2000

Comment

Working...
                              X