Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone using solid joint UCA's as a daily driver?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone using solid joint UCA's as a daily driver?

Hi guys,

Just wondering if any of you have solid joint UCA's. Would these be too harsh for the street? I dont really give a hoot about the noise .. just worried it might wear out quicker.

Heres a pic for reference:

Please share your experiences!

Thanks

i upgraded my upper and lower control arms with energy suspension bushes,

much improved feel, and tighter responsiveness...

balance is the key, as i doubt solid UCA's would last long on the street, so your porblem is not noise or harshness, it is longevity of a "race item" on a street car...

so if your car is a track only affair - these would allow some agressive camber to be dialed in too...

ohm, and ES bushes woudl eb a much cheaper option (if you DIY)
    ... retired/

Comment

Thanks tinks

the prob I find is finding QUALITY aftermarket UCA's.

I have looked almost everywhere and I like to research stuff before I buy .. Its jus that I never get the best reviews from Skunk2, SPC, Ingalls etc as they are weak in design. All the American UCA's have slider bolts to adjust the settings and I have heard these can break/loosen over time, whereas you wont find that in the Jap products.

I have also thought about swapping the OEM UCA's from left to right, but that wont give me any adjustability!?

Any other ppl with experiences?

Comment

swapping UCA's gives about +2 degrees more castor, HEAPS good modification!!!!

much more agressive!
        ... retired/

Comment

butit wont give me camber adj!!

Comment

increased castor = increased dynamic camber...

increased dynamic camber is better than increased static camber in most cases...
            ... retired/

Comment

Working...
            X