Buddy Club RSD coilovers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buddy Club RSD coilovers

hey guys got some buddy club rsd coilovers fitted not too long ago.. The problem is that when I'm driving its making a clicking noise when going around corners.

The sound is coming only from the front drivers side. Had a friend listen to it and he's told me its because the front has been too lowered and the theres too much stress being placed onto the tie end rods?

The fronts have been lowered to pretty much have the tire sit flush with the guards with no gap at all. So the question is how much do I have to raise the car as I dont want to be spending more money on inverted rods and will it still be safe to drive on for the meanwhile??

cheers guys
    Last edited by dc05yo; 15-04-10, 09:57 AM.

just driving straight as well? or only whilst turning? just need to clarify that part.
    bansai! Ling Longs

Comment

Sounds like a drive shaft prob, jack the car up & have a look underneath to see if a CV boot is torn open, check for play in the shaft also.

Comment

pic of how low it is would help

Comment

Originally posted by Type S Tony View Post
          Sounds like a drive shaft prob, jack the car up & have a look underneath to see if a CV boot is torn open, check for play in the shaft also.
          exactly what i was thinking. someone could had accidently jab a screwdriver into the boot during RSD install. These things do happen and ive seen it.

jack it up,and rotate the shaft and check for any grease leak.
          bansai! Ling Longs

Comment

well i did take it to hannys and when they installed it they ripped the drivers side cv boot. They took responsibility and replaced it. The thing is that its not so much of a clicking noise but more of a metal to metal clunking noise. It does not happen when im driving in a straight line. It seems to happen everytime im reverse parking and going from left to right full lock. Ill grab some pictures of the height it just seems quite weird as its only from one side??

Comment

ok, i have this on my car as well with the N+

try putting some grease on where the spring meets the rings that support them on both top and bottom.

my mechanic had done this for me but i can still hear it from time to time =/
              bansai! Ling Longs

Comment

thankyou i tried spraying some lithium grease but didnt really help that much ill try some thicker grease

Comment

Originally posted by dc05yo View Post
                  well i did take it to hannys and when they installed it they ripped the drivers side cv boot. They took responsibility and replaced it. The thing is that its not so much of a clicking noise but more of a metal to metal clunking noise. It does not happen when im driving in a straight line. It seems to happen everytime im reverse parking and going from left to right full lock. Ill grab some pictures of the height it just seems quite weird as its only from one side??
                  what i can get from what you are saying is that the springs are not sitting properly hence the clunking noise.. it happened to me before.. take it off and readjust the springs.. it should fix the problem
                  - Project R -

Comment

Working...
                  X