Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Owners of twin block spoon calipers Question

Hello,

Need to find out something anyone here using spoon calipers with OEM pads at the moment?
    ek9-->ED civic--> eg--> S2K-->JDM DC2R-->EP3

Just ask, what do you need to know? Plenty of Spoon caliper owners on board.

Comment

when using OEM pads does the pad sit perfect or fit?, or it moves a bit when driving

Comment

lol wtf .. either it fits or doesnt fit. Why would it 'move around'?

Comment

I dunno about spoon calipers but the pad moves slightly. When u reverse and touch the brake the pad clicks back slightly then once you drive forward the pad clicks forward again....

Edit this is Goldcoastdc5r
          Last edited by Adam; 26-10-06, 09:44 PM.

Comment

Yes, the pad does move around a bit. Hence when you turn your steering wheel, you'd hear the pads very distinctively. Isolated characteristic to the twin-pot setup only. No such character on the monoblock.

Comment

Originally posted by Noel View Post
              Yes, the pad does move around a bit. Hence when you turn your steering wheel, you'd hear the pads very distinctively. Isolated characteristic to the twin-pot setup only. No such character on the monoblock.

thanks for the info all good the thing is i dont get it why the mono does do it ??

Comment

u mean doesnt do it?

Its prolly just the design of the calipers, nothing you can really do about it

Comment

sounds like i might upgrade to mono hahah jokings, thanks jinger

Comment

Yes, design of the brake pad holder - The black Nissin square piece is different on the monoblock and twin block. It isn't an issue however, otherwise Spoon would've revised the design if necessary.

Comment

The pads clunk around a bit at first, but I don't hear it anymore. I guess they just need time to bed in and settle.

Not sure if you mentioned it before, but which rotors are you using?
                      j0nbubz: RG's awp is LOL
                      Chi: ...word of advice on who plays against rG
                      faijai: rg + awp = gg
                      hebe: Hahaha rG is just L337 bro!
                      rG`: Touchpad FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by rG` View Post
                        The pads clunk around a bit at first, but I don't hear it anymore. I guess they just need time to bed in and settle.

Not sure if you mentioned it before, but which rotors are you using?
                        stock rotors

Comment

Working...
                        X