hello fellow DC5 owners with coilovers!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hello fellow DC5 owners with coilovers!

Hey guys just got myself some buddy club RSD's and all i can say is that it handles 1000000x better
    Got my wheel alignment from peter at road and race performance. I pretty much rocked up and asked him to give me an "Agressive Street" setup.

Front and rear camber was set at -3

Front damper settings was clicked on 12x from softest and the rears were clicked 6x from softest.

Was just wondering what you guys were running in terms of suspension setup because I would have thought that the backs should have been a bit harder than the fronts?? also I would have thought that -3 degrees in the back would have been too much??

hmm, well i have the N+, and their very stiff, so trying to imagine RSD, is a bit hard.. but for me... im running 8 clicks at hte front and 10 or 11 on the rear...

camber wise, cos its a street setup, i prefer looks over handling... so i run zero cmaber at the rear, and i run a lil camber in the front, -0.75.
    Integra Type R
    Integra Type S
    S2000

Comment

Wouldn't front and rear camber at -3 be a bit excessive for street? Then again I don't know the specs of your rims and how you've modified your car.

Comment

Originally posted by M@lew View Post
        Wouldn't front and rear camber at -3 be a bit excessive for street? Then again I don't know the specs of your rims and how you've modified your car.
        Agreed... i remember when my car had my coilovers installed, without adjsuting my BC rear camber kit, i was sitting on -4 from the natural camber lol.
        Integra Type R
        Integra Type S
        S2000

Comment

2% front and rear for me. i tried to aim for 1.75 front and 1.5 rear but dont matter too much for now.

i can seem to understand how to set up my dampers. whether i should have harder front and softer rear or the other way around.
          bansai! Ling Longs

Comment

everything else is stock besides the coilovers pretty much.

Comment

3 degrees neg is fine if you have correct toe settings. ChargeR runs -4 on the street and gets good tyre wear with rotation. Plaything, why do you run such low camber settings? Your car could have much better turn in response with some negative camber.

A street car can easily run -3 front and -2 rear and be a fun car to drive with good tyre wear. Handling wise it would also feel much better than a car with close to zero camber.

Comment

Originally posted by dc05yo View Post
                everything else is stock besides the coilovers pretty much.
                To achieve results with a DC5 you'll need to address that eventually. Your car will have bump steer issues among other things. Any idea what toe settings you are running?

Comment

lol n+ feels stock to me luls!

Comment

I was running -3.8 in the front with -1 toe in and -2 at the back......feel pretty good and tyre wear was pretty decent too.....~!
                    Mugen Whore #2

ヒール&トウのやりかた
                    1)ブレーキを踏む
                    2)クラッチを切る
                    3)シフトダウンしなから、
                      アクセルをぶかす
                    4)クラッチをつなぐ
                    :blah:
                    インテ君と共に歩み続けて早1年・・・いろんな所へ出かけ楽しく過ごしてきましたが、事情により手放すこと となりました。(T0T)
                    人生で初めて走る楽しさを教えてくれた「インテグラ TYPE R」・・・初めて走った時は何もかも衝撃的でした。今でも走る楽しさは変わらないですが。。。残念です。今 まで本当に感動をありがとう!

Comment

Your alignment is on the right track, but a little less rear camber wouldn't hurt since in a corner you are going to gain negative camber at the outside rear wheel as the car rolls but the front camber will stay about the same due to the awesome McPherson strut. Do you have adjustable rear upper control arms?

Running camber numbers like that you will need to have well adjusted toe to get good tyre wear. What toe settings did you get?

As I understand it the damper adjustment on RSDs is rebound, but unless you are hitting the track then just play around with them until you like how they feel. Too many people seem to use dampers as a handling adjustment tool, but I believe that they should be a last resort after springs, swaybars, alignment etc.

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
                      hmm, well i have the N+, and their very stiff, so trying to imagine RSD, is a bit hard.. but for me... im running 8 clicks at hte front and 10 or 11 on the rear...

camber wise, cos its a street setup, i prefer looks over handling... so i run zero cmaber at the rear, and i run a lil camber in the front, -0.75.
                      N+ a little hard?

Originally posted by dr.k20z1 View Post
                      lol n+ feels stock to me luls!
                      You are wise .

Comment

oooh thanks guys great info! to be honest i did not ask anything besides camber settings but ill ask him on monday. Hrrm well heading off to wakefield on monday so ill have to see how the setup goes! Peter from road and race is an excellent guy, great customer service only thing that kind of put me off was that he called my car a d200?? Who would you guys recommend in sydney for wheel alignments?

Comment

That's awesome man, you got any pics?? What are the spring rates of the RSD? I think i saw somewhere that they were F10 R16? If thats the case, sounds good!
                          I agree that the car feels a million % better. I only recently got coilovers as well and the difference is night and day.
                          sigpicCurrent holder of the Win folder.

Comment

Working...
                          X