Hub Rings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hub Rings

Where can you buy hub rings (prefer metal > plastic)?
    '03 Integra DC5 Type R
    Naturally Aspirated, K20A i-Vtec

Wakefield Park: 1:13.047 w/ street tyres
    Eastern Creek Int'l Raceway: 1:57.969 w/ street tyres
    Power: 155Kw with Mugen N1 ECU

Metal if you have the choice, but either is better than none!

Can get then from wheel shops or ebay!

Comment

buy them from where you got the rims..if its a good shop.

otherwise you can also get them from the manufactorer of the wheels...ie i got my work emotion metal hubrings from a work emotion distributor

Comment

benefit of hub rings?

Comment

Hub centric rings are manufactured so that when they are installed on a vehicle, the wheels are located directly off of the centre flange of the brake drum or rotor. This is done to insure that the outer beads of the wheel are concentric with the wheel bearings. The result is a much truer, better balanced tire/wheel assembly. This is very important with modern high tech suspension systems.
          It's amazing what Google can do for you.

Comment

Do stock wheels ever come with them? as in the DC2R wheels? I need to get my car in for a wheel alignment, so was thinking maybe get hold of a set to make things nice and balanced

Comment

Originally posted by tseesinngwailo View Post
              Do stock wheels ever come with them? as in the DC2R wheels? I need to get my car in for a wheel alignment, so was thinking maybe get hold of a set to make things nice and balanced
              Stock Honda wheels are already hubcentric. The centrebore of the wheel is machined to be about the same diameter as the hub. No rings required.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiu View Post
                Where can you buy hub rings (prefer metal > plastic)?
                ebayyy!! make sure you know the ID & OD measurements.

Comment

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
                  Stock Honda wheels are already hubcentric. The centrebore of the wheel is machined to be about the same diameter as the hub. No rings required.
                  Really? I have never heard of this before, but cool, at least thats something I dont need to worry about, Cheers!

Comment

Working...
                  X