Crazy Idle!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crazy Idle!

I've been overseas for 3 months and a few friends took the car out for a spin during my time away.

They told me that it idles up to 2K and then back to 1K and then up again constantly when sitting at the traffic lights.

I cleaned out the IACV was pretty sticky and gunky so I cleaned it out with some degreaser and now its spinning real smooth.

Am I supposed to lube up the bearing after cleaning it out? The only lube/oil I had was K&N filter cleaner. Will this work or will it cause my bearing to cease up?

Also, After I reinstalled everything, the idle was better but still up and down and not all the time either. I put some fresh fuel in and now the car seems normal. I'll keep an eye on it in the next few days.

Im not too sure if it was the sticky IACV or the old fuel (3 months old) that was causing my idle problems.

Any ideas?

old fuel
    CARSFORHOPE

Comment

if that fixes the issue, good..

if not, check your TPS sensor.. my TPS sensor was damaged and the idle was bad and it stayed up for a long time and down and up and on and on..

but check also if there is any air leak between the engine and the throttle body...
      - Project R -

Comment

if there is any air leak, the engine will go down below 500 rpm and back up again to 1 IF not it will stall. correct me if im wrong =/
        bansai! Ling Longs

Comment

No airleaks that I can find. It doesn't go down past 1K.
          The idling has settled somewhat, sometimes it hovers around 1.5 but it eventually goes down to about 900 and stays there but it will take a while.

I just took it for a 15 min drive and it threw a CEL at me. I turned it off and now the CEL doesn't come on.

Comment

i'm having a similar problem with my DC2R!
            Tried cleaning the IAC Valve but that made the problem worse. Any Suggestions?

Comment

search for a vacuum leak, check every hose is connected or not damaged.
              ... retired/

Comment

I had the same issue after i never drove my car for a month or two. I got the TB cleaned out and after about 2 weeks it just went good again
                sigpicCurrent holder of the Win folder.

Comment

Working...
                X