Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spark Plugs DC5R

Hey all,

My spark plugs are due for replacement and I am currently sourcing a set of good spark plugs around.

Just wondering what is the best spark plugs for a lightly / moderately modded DC5R? I find there are a lot of NGK Laser Iridium Spark plugs on e-bay and I am not sure if they are any good. I am a total noob on this topic.

Please recommend and why you have chosen them?

Cheers,
    Rudi
    - Project R -

Originally posted by vippy84 View Post
    Hey all,

My spark plugs are due for replacement and I am currently sourcing a set of good spark plugs around.

Just wondering what is the best spark plugs for a lightly / moderately modded DC5R? I find there are a lot of NGK Laser Iridium Spark plugs on e-bay and I am not sure if they are any good. I am a total noob on this topic.

Please recommend and why you have chosen them?

Cheers,
    Rudi
    Pretty sure oem are Denso iridium (which are NGK to my knowledge). There was a thread on spark plugs i saw once, dont know if it was here or another site but certain temp rating plugs are better for na. I would stick with the oem iridium personally.
    sigpicCurrent holder of the Win folder.

Comment

Here is my post from when I changed mine: HERE

Unless you have significantly departed from the manufacturers engine specification, more compression, cams or forced induction for example, then I would stick with the OEM specified part. Unless you feel like experimenting with tunes and plugs on a dyno/track.

Comment

Cool, thanks boys..
        Tom, how much did you pay for the 4 spark plugs from Burson?? Is e-bay going to be any cheaper?
        - Project R -

Comment

if you had kpro? i was reading somewhere we cant use a certain plug!?

how much does the oem plugs cost from honda? anyone know a price?

Comment

the cheapest i could find in syd was $24 per plug (NGK).. honda wanted $35 !!

Comment

Originally posted by vippy84 View Post
              Cool, thanks boys..
              Tom, how much did you pay for the 4 spark plugs from Burson?? Is e-bay going to be any cheaper?
              Sorry I didn't see this sooner. I can't remember exactly what I paid but I believe it was around 90 dollars for the set of four from Repco. Fairly inexpensive for something that only gets replaced every 100,000 kms.

Comment

Yeah $90 is about on the money. Quite expensive in my books but i guess there the iridium platinum.

If your in syd, try Meekong in canley. I tried supercheap and some small auto spare shop and they don't carry those plugs in stock.
                BYP Racing & Developments
                Built. Tuned. Driven
                Want to go fast? Come see us! e: jimmy@bypracing.com ph: (02) 9757 4757

Comment

Originally posted by FR33K View Post
                  the cheapest i could find in syd was $24 per plug (NGK).. honda wanted $35 !!
                  Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
                  Sorry I didn't see this sooner. I can't remember exactly what I paid but I believe it was around 90 dollars for the set of four from Repco. Fairly inexpensive for something that only gets replaced every 100,000 kms.
                  Originally posted by fatboyz39 View Post
                  Yeah $90 is about on the money. Quite expensive in my books but i guess there the iridium platinum.

If your in syd, try Meekong in canley. I tried supercheap and some small auto spare shop and they don't carry those plugs in stock.

Thank you boys!!

I was quoted around that price from Honda too (~$33-$35) per spark plug.

I am trying to get my friend to check it out at Burson since he usually pays the cost price for everything he buys.

So NGK Laser Iridium (IFR7G-11KS) it is since I don't have any internal mods

Thanks
                  - Project R -

Comment

I am using the Denso IK22.
                    The car seems to turn on more smooth
                    but due for a change @ 100000km.

Comment

Thanks for all the advice ppl!!
                      I picked up a set of 4 NGK Laser Iridium (IFR7G-11KS) for $70!!!
                      - Project R -

Comment

Working...
                      X