LSD in a Type S?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LSD in a Type S?

Hi guys im still currently looking for a car for so long i've wanted a Integra ever since i saw a DC2 way way back ive always loved them, 1 day im gonna own every single Type R hahaha from EK9s to FD2s hahah, anyway since i cant seem to find any DC5R's im thinking of settling with the type S and was wondering can i fit a LSD in the Type S? if so how much money am i looking at paying?

this car will be my car for most likely the next 6 years, currently im either getting a MPS3,6 or an integra yes i know they both have LSD's and are way quicker then the TEG but goddamn it im in F****** love with tegs fullstop!

sorry for such a long post but thanks in advance=)

i kept up with my mates mps3

lols
    Blaze Orange

Comment

Fitting an LSD to a Type S is certainly possible. You can fit either an OEM unit from the Type R or pick from the variety of aftermarket units available for the DC5.

A number of FN2R owners here have fitted LSDs hopefully they will chime in on any issues and rough costs for the install. I am guessing that you won't get much change from 1k in labour for the install since the gearbox has to be removed and opened.

Comment

for the cost of sourcing an LSD and including all labour costs, do u guys reckon the lsd ina type s is really beneficial.. for DD?
        Integra Type R
        Integra Type S
        S2000

Comment

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
          for the cost of sourcing an LSD and including all labour costs, do u guys reckon the lsd ina type s is really beneficial.. for DD?
          What sort of benefit are you looking for?

For DD just buy a Micra. The ability to keep up with the flow of traffic in an economical manner is what I consider important for daily driving. Which is why I cannot fathom why people turn their cars into rough riding, noisy pieces of junk just to drive them to work.

All that considered though only a small proportion of modified cars are built purely for numerical gains, such as lap times or ET. Most seem to be modified just for feel, or looks or whatever, and in that case the LSD makes a significant difference to driving feel in corners and at launch. So if you want a significant improvement in corner exit feel and traction then do it.

Comment

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
            What sort of benefit are you looking for?

For DD just buy a Micra. The ability to keep up with the flow of traffic in an economical manner is what I consider important for daily driving. Which is why I cannot fathom why people turn their cars into rough riding, noisy pieces of junk just to drive them to work.

All that considered though only a small proportion of modified cars are built purely for numerical gains, such as lap times or ET. Most seem to be modified just for feel, or looks or whatever, and in that case the LSD makes a significant difference to driving feel in corners and at launch. So if you want a significant improvement in corner exit feel and traction then do it.
            Well, i just wanted to see if it was a good bang for buck mod, but i didnt really think so, and your statement has confirmed this for me. Sorry yeah my car is a weekend car, but i will never track it.
            Integra Type R
            Integra Type S
            S2000

Comment

Working...
            X