Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

might sound stupid but can you fit a towbar on a DC2R?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

might sound stupid but can you fit a towbar on a DC2R?

hey all, first post i think

been looking at dc2r's for a while now and the only thing holding me back is whether you can fit a tow bar.

is there anything even on the market for the dc2 integras? i wont be towing road trains daily, but i just would like to be able to tow a little trailer with my supermoto once in a blue moon down to the racetracks or my music gear. max weight would be like 450kg.

does fitting towbars mean you have to cut up the rear bumper? if thats the case, i'd be better off getting a second bumper and cutting that and fitting the whole shebang when i wanna tow something.

i know this isnt the intended use for these rockets, but any help would be ace

cheers

im pretty sure you can, try to find your self a dc2 manual and it has instructions on how to fit it.
    Blaze Orange

Comment

the VTiR i bought had a tow bar electrical harness,

and a small cut out in the rear bumper, but no tow bar...

i ripped the harness out, and it DID have a towbar company name on it...

so - yes, i assume it must be possible

but it MUST be aftermarket as service manual says no.
      ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by Dyer View Post
        hey all, first post i think

been looking at dc2r's for a while now and the only thing holding me back is whether you can fit a tow bar.

is there anything even on the market for the dc2 integras? i wont be towing road trains daily, but i just would like to be able to tow a little trailer with my supermoto once in a blue moon down to the racetracks or my music gear. max weight would be like 450kg.

does fitting towbars mean you have to cut up the rear bumper? if thats the case, i'd be better off getting a second bumper and cutting that and fitting the whole shebang when i wanna tow something.

i know this isnt the intended use for these rockets, but any help would be ace

cheers
        450kg for a Integra with stock suspension is toooo much. Like imagine raising the front of a integra but 2-3inches will be the outcome.

And the other thing is that integras don't come with that much of a good breaking system, hence with towing. And since its FWD it will be very hard to get traction on some roads, buggerd roads for example.

And also pulling 450kg is going to give you the worst of fuel consumption, the most wearness. The pistons will be forcing in so much plus engine running really hard could possibly break gaskits, pressure other components etc.

I tow on regular daily basis, I know my cars vell well and towing with a integra isn't much of a smart idea.

I'm not being smart or anything buddy its just something to think about on your beloved car.

The other soultion is buy a < 1grand ute, theres so many around!!

Cheers
        Moiz
        無限 teamgroundzero 無限

Comment

Originally posted by DC2-PWR View Post
          And also pulling 450kg is going to give you the worst of fuel consumption, the most wearness. The pistons will be forcing in so much plus engine running really hard could possibly break gaskits, pressure other components etc.
          so, we should all stop racing our integra's too?

hmmm... i see where you are coming from, but FYI - we used to have a tow bar on our old mitsubishi colt for example...

and when you put a trailer on a car it is supposed to be BALANCED... weight above the axle, so it does not lift teh front or rear of the car up - so your 2-3in comment is only for people who have no idea how to pack a trailer...

and FYI - the DC2R has a superb braking system...
          ... retired/

Comment

Yes you can fit a tow bar. I have seen an Integra towing something before... now I can't remember if I saw it in real life or if it was an online video, but I definitely saw an Integra (I think it might've been an R as well) towing a trailer or something... I saw it years ago!

Comment

Here you go... check this out as well: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/honda-integra-...27158001r29734

Comment

I sold my GSi to a friend and he tows stuff all the time with it.. Personally I wouldn't use my R to tow. Each to their own though I guess...

Quote:
                Originally Posted by justinfox
                You can modify many crappy cars out there to be faster than a real Type-R but no matter how fast they are they still don't knock the Type-R off it's "pedestal" which it so deservedly sits on. :P

JHDM-B18C7 >>>>> Source Code: DC2R 00-0016 SOLD

Comment

i don't think its the type of car you buy to tow some thing but i have seen a dc2 ITR towing a jet ski before so its been done i just don't think it should lol but hey what floats your boat

Comment

use low gears, keep the revs up but be very gently/slow with the throttle..

Comment

guys, if you read his post, he is not thinking of getting a Type R to tow things,

he would like to:
                      be able to tow a little trailer with my supermoto once in a blue moon
                      ... retired/

Comment

Man I once towed a boat, Full fiberglass Hull, 14ft & all In an early 80's ford laser

Comment

the flywheel snapped in half afterwards but ey, it still towed it didnt it?

Comment

bwuhhhhhahahaha

foreal?
                            ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
                              bwuhhhhhahahaha

foreal?
                              Yes for real, the diesel injector pump on my mates rodeo craped itself at the boat ramp so we used another mates car (laser) to get the boat home (about a 5 km drive from ramp) problem was alot of strain on the car whilst going up a minor uphill section which is when we heard a loud cracking noise & a metal on metal sound comming from the engine compartment.

Comment

Working...
                              X