Guard rolling/lipping question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guard rolling/lipping question

Hey peoples... I've jsut gotten spacers for my car, now my wheels sit flush with my guards Only downside is there is scrub front and rear.

So my option is to get front and rear rolled, I understand the front, its simple.. buti have a question for my rear guards.

THe guards at the rear, the bodywork has a lip that goes under. What do i do with that, does that metal get pushed up so its flush?

If you dont understand what i mean, feel your rear guards, the body/metal points in for like 1cm.

Is that what they mean by "lipping"?

Cheers
    Integra Type R
    Integra Type S
    S2000

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
    Hey peoples... I've jsut gotten spacers for my car, now my wheels sit flush with my guards Only downside is there is scrub front and rear.

So my option is to get front and rear rolled, I understand the front, its simple.. buti have a question for my rear guards.

THe guards at the rear, the bodywork has a lip that goes under. What do i do with that, does that metal get pushed up so its flush?

If you dont understand what i mean, feel your rear guards, the body/metal points in for like 1cm.

Is that what they mean by "lipping"?

Cheers
    Don't you mean that the rears are easy to roll?
    The fronts are going to be harder to roll because the wheel splash guard covers the wheel arch.

Comment

Im not sure.. but i just assumed the front is jsut the plastic splash guard, and the rear has the metal that "tucks in"
      Integra Type R
      Integra Type S
      S2000

Comment

T-BaGGeR is right...

rears will be ALOT easier to roll than the fronts.... thats if you still wanna have a splashguard.

just get a pro or somone who knows what their doing, quite hard doing it first time around yourself..

Comment

Yeah, i'll call sydney guard rolling 2moro.

I just hope he can "bend" the metal in the rears .. do u guys know what i am talking about?
          Integra Type R
          Integra Type S
          S2000

Comment

yeah its quite easy man, theres NO issues there other than slight paint cracking

Comment

Originally posted by PHATJM View Post
              yeah its quite easy man, theres NO issues there other than slight paint cracking
              If they know what they are doing, the paint shouldn't crack.
              If you don't want scrubbing on the fronts, you might have to do some major metal work on the guards. (panel beater to pump them out and respray etc) or you could just raise the front up a bit.

Comment

cheers guys, jsut waiting for sydney guard rolling 2 turn his mobile onLOL
                Integra Type R
                Integra Type S
                S2000

Comment

camber will fix the front. much easier than modding the guard.

Comment

sorry forgot to mention..... i have the car set up currently with -1.6 degree camber front and rear. so ti doesnt scrub at all for now.. but iwant to get it rolled, so i can go back to zero camber an have it flush again....thus why i want it rolled.
                    Integra Type R
                    Integra Type S
                    S2000

Comment

As above the rears are much easier to roll than the fronts. At the rear the metal lip you mention is slowly bent up flat against the rear quarter using heat and the guard rolling tool.

At the front there is only a small lip and .a few tabs where the fenderliner clips on. The tabs can be bent up by hand but it is difficult to roll the lip without flaring the whole guard. If you are rubbing at the front it is more likely that you are rubbing on the fenderliner than the metal. Have a look.

Comment

Originally posted by ChargeR View Post
                        As above the rears are much easier to roll than the fronts. At the rear the metal lip you mention is slowly bent up flat against the rear quarter using heat and the guard rolling tool.

At the front there is only a small lip and .a few tabs where the fenderliner clips on. The tabs can be bent up by hand but it is difficult to roll the lip without flaring the whole guard. If you are rubbing at the front it is more likely that you are rubbing on the fenderliner than the metal. Have a look.
                        Thanks Charger!!!
                        Always so informative - this was exactly the answer i needed. Yeah the tyres at the frotn are scrubbing on the plastic bit.
                        Integra Type R
                        Integra Type S
                        S2000

Comment

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
                          Thanks Charger!!!
                          Always so informative - this was exactly the answer i needed. Yeah the tyres at the frotn are scrubbing on the plastic bit.
                          It needs to be said also though that you are rubbing on the splash guard because it is between the tyre and the fender.

Comment

Working...
                          X