Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Service noob question

Hi Folks:

I owner my DC5R about 2.5 yrs but never been doing any service, that is because the car just done 3000km in the period. I check all fluids ok, should I still bring it to Honda dealer to get the service done? or change engine oil by myself?

Thanks

SL

That's some scary stats... of <25km a week! Drive her she wants it!!

Comment

Wow talk about abuse.

Doesn't matter if you've only driven 3000km, but over time, and especially after 2.5 years, the oil is going to degrade, from contaminants, and various temperental conditions.

It's like drinking the same water for 2.5 years. Change it ASAP!

Comment

you need a service ASAP

oil, oil filter an probably brake fluid flush.

any qualified MTA mechanic can do this - no need to goto a dealer...
        ... retired/

Comment

Thanks all bros here, I will this done next Wed.
          Yeah, i think I need to drive her more often....

Comment

Originally posted by yakuza View Post
            Thanks all bros here, I will this done next Wed.
            Yeah, i think I need to drive her more often....
            You must be making some mad coin to be able to have some 20K car sitting there collecting dust. I thought that I was bad with using the car for only half of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by T-BaGGeR View Post
              You must be making some mad coin to be able to have some 20K car sitting there collecting dust. I thought that I was bad with using the car for only half of the year.
              Not trying to upset the OP, but i was thinking other day how they have dropped from like ~30k cars to ~20k cars in the last 3years... glad i at least put a good 30-40k on mine tho in the process ;D

Comment

Originally posted by Time View Post
                Not trying to upset the OP, but i was thinking other day how they have dropped from like ~30k cars to ~20k cars in the last 3years... glad i at least put a good 30-40k on mine tho in the process ;D
                I read somewhere that if you don't put about 20K a year on a car, then its not very economical viable to have one.
                I think 20K a year is on the low end of the scale.

Comment

Working...
                X