DC5R induction hose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DC5R induction hose

Hi guys enquiring about the dc5r induction hose and to where i can get one and how much it would be? Im in the sydney metro area as well

Story is that ive got a gruppe M intake and the hose between the intake and throttle body has ripped -.-". Has anyone else had this issue? Im thinking of just going for a trusty injen if the intake hose costs an arm and a leg

cheers

Andrew

shat just realised sorry if i posted in wrong section
    Last edited by dc05yo; 25-01-10, 12:46 PM.

its like 50 bucks from hanndaa.

Comment

There was a post similar to this a couple of months ago.
      If i recall, i bought mine from Honda for like $56 i think.

Comment

i got one for sale.
        '03 Integra DC5 Type R
        Naturally Aspirated, K20A i-Vtec

Wakefield Park: 1:13.047 w/ street tyres
        Eastern Creek Int'l Raceway: 1:57.969 w/ street tyres
        Power: 155Kw with Mugen N1 ECU

Comment

i have a gruppem and mine broke in the same spot as well, i think the honda ones are around 70 bucks or the silicon ones are around 180 bucks

Comment

indeed, the elbow split in the oem hose is a common problem with gruppe M intakes as it moves around too much.

you can get sfs induction hoses from Jay from Xposed for around 180. $$ for quality
            bansai! Ling Longs

Comment

thanks guys i love the sound of the gruppe m but its honestly been a problem from the very beginning with the thing rattling and now this "common" problem. I've heard and read that you can get some sort of sealant/urethane to give the box a better fit into the bonnet scoop bit??

Ill probably go for the oem option and fingers crossed that it doesnt happen shortly after =(

Thanks guys much appreciated

Comment

Originally posted by dc05yo View Post
                thanks guys i love the sound of the gruppe m but its honestly been a problem from the very beginning with the thing rattling and now this "common" problem. I've heard and read that you can get some sort of sealant/urethane to give the box a better fit into the bonnet scoop bit??

Ill probably go for the oem option and fingers crossed that it doesnt happen shortly after =(

Thanks guys much appreciated
                It's probably going to tear again. I have pretty much had it with the GruppeM intake as well, I've stopped mine from rattling but I've got a massive tear in my intake hose.

Comment

Originally posted by T-BaGGeR View Post
                  It's probably going to tear again. I have pretty much had it with the GruppeM intake as well, I've stopped mine from rattling but I've got a massive tear in my intake hose.

Meh ahhh shet well im thinking of either going el cheapo with a roll of duct tape or perhaps swapping over for an injen. OH THE DILEMMA

Comment

shit, me and you think the same!. I've decided to go with the injen. DAMN IT! I had an injen but I sold it!.

Comment

my opinion is, if u spent over 1k for the gruppe M, might as well spend another 180 or if u can find 2nd hand for cheaper, for an silicon induction hose. but yea, switching to injen works too...
                      bansai! Ling Longs

Comment

I'm kind of pissed that the intake costs over 1G, and the thing fits like crap. It isn't very well engineered. You would expect it to fit well without any issues.
                        1) The cowl top fit is average.
                        2) You need stiffer motor mounts to stop the intake from moving around.
                        3) OEM intake hose tears because the intake isn't secure.
                        4) It still rattles with all the above without putting double sided tape all over the place.
                        5) Its not the best performing intake on the market.

Comment

Originally posted by T-BaGGeR View Post
                          I'm kind of pissed that the intake costs over 1G, and the thing fits like crap. It isn't very well engineered. You would expect it to fit well without any issues.
                          1) The cowl top fit is average.
                          2) You need stiffer motor mounts to stop the intake from moving around.
                          3) OEM intake hose tears because the intake isn't secure.
                          4) It still rattles with all the above without putting double sided tape all over the place.
                          5) Its not the best performing intake on the market.
                          Shouldve Bought a Mugen!

Comment

Originally posted by Type S Tony View Post
                            Shouldve Bought a Mugen!

I had one of them before too and sold it for the GruppeM... Wait.. didn't I sell it to you???

Fit was great!.. but it sucked ass with performance.

Comment

theres to much trouble with the gruppem intake i wish i didnt buy mine it rattles to much and makes a metal scratching noise think its the screw. Thinking of changing over to mugen what u guys reckon? the gruppem noise is mad but i dont think its worth all the trouble that comes along with it

Comment

Working...
                              X