Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

over fueling problem

ey guys i got a problem...

got my injectors cleaned yesterday..just thought it would be a good idea because im not to sure when the last service was...but when i put them back in everything turned to shit...its a real pain to start now..it takes about 10 seconds to finally start and when it finally starts its emits black smoke for a few seconds..but after it gets goin and i drive for a while then stop if i start it again after 10 min it starts fine...if i leave it for around 30min it starts on the first stroke..instantly! if i leave it for a hour it starts like a bitch again...i thought it was dribbling injectors so i sent them back and just got them back and the report said there is nothin wrong with them :S so now i think its pressure reg so i pulled off vac line and its bone dry...i clamp the return and the revs go up...please help its stressing me lol

well, if the problem only started after you re-fitted the injectors (and they are good) - it is kinda obvious that you have failed somewhere in the re-installation...

did you replace the 4 o-rings?

and yes, the vacuum line is supposed to be dry.

clamping the return line should not make the revs go up. removing the vacuum line does this.
    ... retired/

Comment

all o rings replaced and greased lightly..so if i remove the vac line and revs dont change its the reg ?

Comment

if you remove the vacuum line and the revs don't change - then the engine is not running...
        ... retired/

Comment

the only way to test if the reg is out is with an o2 sensor or a fuel pressure gauge isnt it?
          ... retired/

Comment

I've got a question for you Dave. I changed the fuel filter on my car last week. When removing the fuel sender I snapped a sensor lead / earth that fed into the filter itself. I soldered it back up with a nice clean connection. I refitted the fuel filter/sender unit and tried to start the car. I'm getting fuel delivery, fuel pump prime and fuel gauge read out but the car won't start. I checked the plugs and they were gunky, but OK, then checked spark and there was none. Do you think the earth could have resulted in a non start mode being activated by the ECU due to poor earth?

I was thinking about just getting a new harness but thought I'd bounce the idea off you first.

Comment

Originally posted by tinkerbell View Post
              if you remove the vacuum line and the revs don't change - then the engine is not running...
              well naturally the engine revs will change because diss connecting the vacuum will cause a manifold vac leak

Comment

sooo....

the only way to test if the reg is out is with an o2 sensor or a fuel pressure gauge isnt it?
                ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by m0nty View Post
                  I've got a question for you Dave. I changed the fuel filter on my car last week. When removing the fuel sender I snapped a sensor lead / earth that fed into the filter itself. I soldered it back up with a nice clean connection. I refitted the fuel filter/sender unit and tried to start the car. I'm getting fuel delivery, fuel pump prime and fuel gauge read out but the car won't start. I checked the plugs and they were gunky, but OK, then checked spark and there was none. Do you think the earth could have resulted in a non start mode being activated by the ECU due to poor earth?

I was thinking about just getting a new harness but thought I'd bounce the idea off you first.
                  if there was a no start mode, then the fuel injectors would probably not be firing either...

if you fixed the ground, why do you think it is a problem? it might actually be an ignition thing?

but yeah - sounds like you need to carry out a more thorough examination of the re-installation of the components... this will save you from buying a harness if you can work it out?

(if the car is local to me i can have a look?)
                  ... retired/

Comment

just put injectors back in clamp the return line when its running and it runs really smooth unclamp the return and it starts to run crap

Comment

The reason why I think it's the ground is because it's the only thing that is different to pre-installation. The car started fine the day before.

It's in Brookvale today but will be back in Hornsby on Monday.

Comment

Originally posted by DC2RKID View Post
                        just put injectors back in clamp the return line when its running and it runs really smooth unclamp the return and it starts to run crap
                        easy easy option is to fit a known good fpr and try that...

i have a spare "known good one" sitting at my palce
                        ... retired/

Comment

Originally posted by m0nty View Post
                          The reason why I think it's the ground is because it's the only thing that is different to pre-installation. The car started fine the day before.
                          yeah, but sensibly, such a small issue should not effect such an advanced car with extensive 'fail-safe' features...

so if you re-soldered it properly, and it is still kaput, then whatever 'force' that caused it to snap in the first place may have done damage to another part of the chain of componentry?
                          ... retired/

Comment

easy easy option is to fit a known good fpr and try that...

i have a spare "known good one" sitting at my palce
                            are the type r reg diff to the rest cause i heard the r runs a high fuel pressure

Comment

nah, all the B18C ones are the same...

Attached Files
                              ... retired/

Comment

Working...
                              X