First 1000Kms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First 1000Kms

hey guys, well i've just done my first 1000km.

Now the dealer has told me to bring the car in to get its oil changed.
    But after i asked for opinions on clubrsx, it seems that most of them feel that I shouldnt be changing my oil until about 5000km.

what do you guys think?

just get the oil changed as it is a "scheduled" change in all new cars. there must be a purpose for it if ALL car makes ask you to do it... what's an extra $xxx to make sure your car's motor is taken care of and will last longer?

Comment

Change it I always do because the new oil will carry some residue or dirt left over from new engine.

That's why, it is "recommended" to change it at 1000 km

Comment

what car - some are different!

our Jazz was 1000km
        ... retired/

Comment

This is for a 06' type S.

Do you guys think i should just go with the honda FEO oil, and wait until later before i go mobil 1 syn?

Comment

stick with FEO for awhile... need it to "protect" the motor...

Comment

it's free oil change isn't it?

Comment

I think labour is free.. oils are not. I'd stick to FEO as well for a whiles before swapping out to synth

Comment

first 1000km is free service...ususally......they just do a inspection or the whole car and fix all the bit and pieces without letting you know...lol....thats what I learn while I worked in honda a while back.....
                  Will>> you should stick with factory oil atm......can change about 10000 service tho...as Ray and T-Bagger said.....more protection for now.....coz is anything happen in the mean time, they will blaim you coz you are not using factory oil......
                  Mugen Whore #2

ヒール&トウのやりかた
                  1)ブレーキを踏む
                  2)クラッチを切る
                  3)シフトダウンしなから、
                    アクセルをぶかす
                  4)クラッチをつなぐ
                  :blah:
                  インテ君と共に歩み続けて早1年・・・いろんな所へ出かけ楽しく過ごしてきましたが、事情により手放すこと となりました。(T0T)
                  人生で初めて走る楽しさを教えてくれた「インテグラ TYPE R」・・・初めて走った時は何もかも衝撃的でした。今でも走る楽しさは変わらないですが。。。残念です。今 まで本当に感動をありがとう!

Comment

thanks for the comments guys, I think i'm going to go ahead and change the oil then.

think i can leave the filter as it is? or should i change that too?

Comment

whatever it says in the manual. I reckon just let them do the first few services. then find your normal mech to do the others.. its cheaper and its the same thing.

Comment

If you are not going to track your car, just use FEO until warranty runs out. FEO is cheap.
                        I am a lesbian trapped inside a male body

Comment

according to ur manual......the oil filter dun need to change in the 1st service....you can just leave everything to them....they will take care of it.....just ask the a quote b4 you leave.....so you know how much you gonna to pay when you pick up ur car...
                          Mugen Whore #2

ヒール&トウのやりかた
                          1)ブレーキを踏む
                          2)クラッチを切る
                          3)シフトダウンしなから、
                            アクセルをぶかす
                          4)クラッチをつなぐ
                          :blah:
                          インテ君と共に歩み続けて早1年・・・いろんな所へ出かけ楽しく過ごしてきましたが、事情により手放すこと となりました。(T0T)
                          人生で初めて走る楽しさを教えてくれた「インテグラ TYPE R」・・・初めて走った時は何もかも衝撃的でした。今でも走る楽しさは変わらないですが。。。残念です。今 まで本当に感動をありがとう!

Comment

that's the thing, I dont want to leave the car with them, I work in spare parts at Audi Brighton, and i've got friends in Parts at honda, and before i got my honda they've even showed me what goes on inside the workshop, and believe me, it's not something you want done to your car.

Anyway, thanks for the advice guys!
                            I'll grab some FEO oil and change me oil Thanks. Further comments welcomed

Comment

Originally posted by Yue_Will View Post
                              that's the thing, I dont want to leave the car with them, I work in spare parts at Audi Brighton, and i've got friends in Parts at honda, and before i got my honda they've even showed me what goes on inside the workshop, and believe me, it's not something you want done to your car.

Anyway, thanks for the advice guys!
                              I'll grab some FEO oil and change me oil Thanks. Further comments welcomed
                              Take it to a reputable dealership like Robert Lane.
                              I am a lesbian trapped inside a male body

Comment

Working...
                              X