dc5R: need help to distinguish a noise problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dc5R: need help to distinguish a noise problem

recently ive been hearing noises coming from my front as i turn reasonably hard or after i go over a bump then it goes away when im driving straight and normal.

it sounds very similar to squealing brakes that you often hear from old cars and etc.

a more accurate description would be like a spinning metal disc on a metal surface.

im concerned this might have to do with either my buddyclub N+ or as i have searched on the forum, it might be a wheel bearing issue..

any other possible causes you guys might think it is??

thanks.
    bansai! Ling Longs

Originally posted by jj17 View Post
    recently ive been hearing noises coming from my front as i turn reasonably hard or after i go over a bump then it goes away when im driving straight and normal.

it sounds very similar to squealing brakes that you often hear from old cars and etc.

a more accurate description would be like a spinning metal disc on a metal surface.

im concerned this might have to do with either my buddyclub N+ or as i have searched on the forum, it might be a wheel bearing issue..

any other possible causes you guys might think it is??

thanks.
    Un-even disc wear on your rotors, probably a bad inner front pad or something, Machine all discs & replace brake pads. check brake caliper for wear & tear.

Comment

would that be possible even whilst im not braking?
      bansai! Ling Longs

Comment

i also had this problem, with my N+ coilovers.

ummm it happened when i turned right at speeds <20km/h

was fixed cos the perch or somethign wasnt tight. amke sure thier all tight!
        Integra Type R
        Integra Type S
        S2000

Comment

less than 20km/h or more than, as i only hear it when im turning fast or as i go over big bumps on the road.

i suppose i can rule out wheel bearing issue as the noise is not constant whilst im driving, just turns and bumps.

so that leaves either my n+ or as tony had said, my discs and brakes.
          bansai! Ling Longs

Comment

would that be possible even whilst im not braking?
            Yes as the pads are a floating design & the caliper is single piston, this almost always leads to uneven wear (piston Pushes one side of the pad more than the other thus leaving it thinner on one end meaning the metal bit which is attached to the brake pad as a wear indicator is resting against the disc, the noise goes away when you brake because the thicker part of the pad is doing all the breaking but this leads to uneven disc wear due to only part of the pad being used to stop the car.

Your best bet is to take a front & back wheel off & remove a pad to check it yourself.

Comment

i see.. thanks, i shall look into it.

umm i forgot to mention this, but whilst im braking, my brakes has been squealing for a while now.. possible candidate?
              bansai! Ling Longs

Comment

i see.. thanks, i shall look into it.

umm i forgot to mention this, but whilst im braking, my brakes has been squealing for a while now.. possible candidate?
                solution is still the same, youll prob find the rear side of the disc is channeled thus why you need to machine the disc face or replace the rotors if its really bad.

Comment

Working...
                X