Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rim opinion please

hi guys,

i'm thinking of changing rims soon and wondering which one out of the 2 i have chosen. i have a DC5S(grey) and have chosen to the colour bronze.
    Wondering which rim will look better from u guys point of view i cant decide so i let u guys do the deciding for me

also, i'm planning on staying on 17s(move up to the highest avaible) but not sure if i move to 18s as i'm scared that it will be harder for the engine to pull and loose power and become sluggish, what size you guys recommand? i want some that will not loose power but also gain some grip?

1)work wheels XD9

http://www.workwheelsusa.com/product...ry=27&wheel=79

2)work wheels 11R

http://www.workwheelsusa.com/product...y=27&wheel=124

thanks guys.

In regards to weight, if I recall correctly, the XD9's and 11R's are pretty much the same. However, I believe they are both heavier than stock wheels. From 17" to 18" I'd say about 3lbs is added?

If you are really worried about performance and traction though, you should put more focus on tyres. They would make a much larger difference and would make up for the weight of having sexy rims

Looks wise, it's personal preference and you may get a varied response from here. Try and find as many pictures of both wheels fitted onto tegs and see which one you like the most.

Personally I like the 11R's and you can see pictures of them on m0nty's car
    DC5S

Comment

XD9's get my vote, 11R's look like a wannabe CE28 which looks like a generic rim from bob jane T-Marts.

Comment

11r ftw

Comment

18s will come with a hit in performance, unless the wheel is impossibly light. The Work wheels that you mention are not light and will affect the performance of your car, but you might not notice the difference so if you prefer the aesthetics of an 18" rim then go for it. Unless you are racing for sheep stations then just get whatever you like the looks of and put some sticky tyres on them.

Comment

how heavy are stock DC5s wheels weight?

also how much heavier is it from stock wheels compared to XD9 and R11

also, when talking to a few retailers they tell me to choose something of rays wheels compared to work wheel as they tell me there are of poor quality compare to other brands?

i thought they look good, but maybe not suitable for my car?

thanks guys

Comment

Originally posted by infusionz View Post
              how heavy are stock DC5s wheels weight?

also how much heavier is it from stock wheels compared to XD9 and R11

also, when talking to a few retailers they tell me to choose something of rays wheels compared to work wheel as they tell me there are of poor quality compare to other brands?

i thought they look good, but maybe not suitable for my car?

thanks guys
              hi mate

i want to know who do you talk to?

are they comparing to rays? and if it is which model?

when they say poor quality? as structurally not sound? paint chip?

or are they talking about the copies of work wheels?

i think as work distributor, i am keen to hear what the public say so that i can report back to japan if things really need to be improved.

the last thing you want is you talk to guys who cant get work wheels and start dishing out the wheels becos he cant supply you with the wheels so that he can sell you the wheels he can sell.

JDM Concept Pty Ltd (ABN 43 120 929 713)

Westpac Bank of Australia
              A/C Name: JDM Concept
              A/C BSB: 032157
              A/C NO: 199691

sales[at]jdmconcept.com.au

Comment

www.wheelweights.net

Comment

I like the XD9 better, I don't know why anyone would tell you to stay away from Work wheels either, I have never heard anyone say negative things about them.

RAYS wheels have a good reputation too, but wheels are one of the most personal things on a car for most people, sadly some think 20 inch chrome are the ultimate for a car, they really need to be slapped....

I think Bob Jane or someone had a good car-rim chooser, you put in your car model and it puts a pic up and you can change the wheels to see before you buy.

Comment

Originally posted by tseesinngwailo View Post
                    I like the XD9 better, I don't know why anyone would tell you to stay away from Work wheels either, I have never heard anyone say negative things about them.

RAYS wheels have a good reputation too, but wheels are one of the most personal things on a car for most people, sadly some think 20 inch chrome are the ultimate for a car, they really need to be slapped....

I think Bob Jane or someone had a good car-rim chooser, you put in your car model and it puts a pic up and you can change the wheels to see before you buy.
                    Nothing wrong with a decent set of 20's, maybe not for a honda but definantly suits some luxo cars.

Comment

wat are your guys opinoons with bronze wheels on the grey dc5?
                      Integra Type R
                      Integra Type S
                      S2000

Comment

I think you should paint your car red and put mismatched white and black wheels on it.

Comment

/\ Lol...
                          TODA Performance Australia Pty Ltd
                          TODA Racing - TODA Power - FIGHTEX
                          Official Australian Distributors
                          Engine Building / Dyno tuning / Licenced Mechanical Workshop

Email: toda@todaracing.com.au

M-Factory - HALTECH - Hondata - EXEDY - WORK - Supertech - Crower

Comment

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
                            Has to be a particular shade of bronze otherwise it wont work

Comment

Originally posted by plAythiNG View Post
                              just thinking of a bronze ce28 on your car...

wont look nice tbh the white wheels u have on are good.
                              Blaze Orange

Comment

Working...
                              X