Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sump guard

To cut long story short I just had the alignment done today @ Road & Race

Peter told me that my oil sump is hanging a bit low (?) and already got some scratches on it

he suggested me to get a sump guard otherwise the sump might hit the ground when my car is running on ripple strips...

I didn't have this problem with B18C before and I am running the same ride height...is the K20A hanging a bit lower than the B18C?

is there any off the shelf solution for my application (K swapped DC2)?
    Honda Integra DC2R natural aspired K20A

2010 CAMS Supersprint (NSW) Type 3B champion |EC: 1:46.9280|WP: 1:07.694|Winton: 1:38.614

Yes Nelson the K series sits lower then the B series. On my car the lowest point is my sump!

You can get a guard protector or get your sump shortened in height and extend the length which I got quoted around $400 depending where you go to or you could just go dry sump setup!

I can only imagine how low your car is if your scratching your sump already!
    Last edited by SPL_K; 12-01-10, 10:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SPL_K View Post
      get your sump shortened in height and extend the length
      do you mean custom made the whole sump bottom?

nah my car is not that low at all

2010 CAMS Supersprint (NSW) Type 3B champion |EC: 1:46.9280|WP: 1:07.694|Winton: 1:38.614

Comment

Yeh custom make the whole bottom sump. Get another sump or use your current one send to a shop that does custom fabrication work and get them to weld you a new sump together! From what I've heard ProConcept is using this setup on their EKK20!

Comment

plus the K20 is cast alloy isnt it? this cracks where a steel sump dints...
          ... retired/

Comment

Just dont ride the ripple strips. Esp over the dog leg @ Oran Park.
            BYP Racing & Developments
            Sales - Performance parts - Tuning - Race Prep - Engine Builds - Gearbox Upgrade - Car Set-up - Consultancy

Email - benny@bypracing.com
            STREET - TRACK - DRAG

Comment

I am worried that I will lose control if I don't run over the ripple strips @dog leg

shit...

Comment

Originally posted by Calsonic_R32 View Post
                I am worried that I will lose control if I don't run over the ripple strips @dog leg

shit...
                Think positive. If you don't do it on Sunday you'll be safe.

Comment

Its full on Sunday but...

I am going tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by Calsonic_R32 View Post
                    Its full on Sunday but...

I am going tomorrow
                    Not gonna be fun if its raining nelson. especially with all those kilawasps!

Good luck man, might pop in for a bit if time permits.

Comment

i drove over two gutters in a row in my old dc2r and all it did was dint the sump a little and scratch it up. didnt even affect the tyres/wheels

hitting vtec is like masturbating, sometimes you just do it because you can

Comment

Working...
                      X