Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excedy Hyper carbon R single clutch

Hey guys,
    I thinking of purchasing the Excedy hyper carbon R single clutch kit. This product is discontinued, but i have managed to find a supplier who still has these in stock. I drive an 02 DC5r and wondering if you guys have any thoughts on this product. I have heard, due to it being a carbon clutch plate, that maintence with carbon build up can be a b1tch!
    Anyways wanna heard your thoughts

i got one for my B20VTEC... i hope it lives up to the hype!

but i don't believe any maintenance is required?
    ... retired/

Comment

I've got one on my k20a, the clutch would slip when cold and in normal driving condition. You need to heat it up for it to grab properly.

Comment

what's it like when it is hot?

how do you heat it up for traffic?
        ... retired/

Comment

that's the problem, you can't really heat it up for the traffic, so it's pretty much always slipping when driving normally. If you drive hard enough on the street it will engage properly. It's a bit annoying and sort of regretting it now...

I remember the manual tells you to use a technique like doing a burn out and ride the clutch (can't remember exaclty) to heat up the clutch b4 you do drag racing.

Comment

here is the instructions:

http://www.exedyusa.com/multimedia/s...n%20Single.pdf

The friction coefficient of semi carbon is low at low temperatures, such as normal city driving - however, the coefficient is very high at high temperatures, such as drag or road racing. Thus, if driving style is suddenly increased during city driving, or on the first lap of a road course, slippage may occur. Warm up the clutch before a sports driving!

PROPER WARM UP PROCEDURE FOR CARBON CLUTCH SPORT DRIVING
            Exedy recommends three, five-second “slips” of the clutch, within 30 seconds to obtain maximum torque holding capacity. This should be done before hard driving to ensure slippage does not occur.
            ... retired/

Comment

ok thanks...

that's why it's not really suitable for the normal driving, you want to give it a bit of thrash every now and then and it slips...

Comment

Working...
              X